We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near ferry/trip plans

Stevens Point...
Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
hotels near ferry/trip plans

We are coming over on the 48 hour mini cruise (without car) via the Badger arriving evening. We either need a taxi to hotel, hotel with shuttle, or a hotel within walking distance of the ferry. I'm having trouble finding a hotel that offers a shuttle. How much for taxi to say Comfort Inn? Our plan is to hotel first night then rent a car the next morning and drive to/spend day at Sleeping Bear Dunes, then back for hotel and ferry departure the next day. Any tips? We'd ideally have the car the first morning until drop off at ferry (approx 24 hour rental).

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: hotels near ferry/trip plans

Not sure if any hotels offer shuttle or not but I could not find one either. Most hotels are a ten to fifteen block walk. They have 24 hour dial a ride (though I cannot personally confirm such) at (231) 845-6218 but no idea on costs. No web site. One taxi service is Town n Country. They do have a web site. Their number is (231) 425-3134.

You should have a blast at Sleep Bear Dunes. Just south of town is Www.thinkdunes.com dune rides, jeep rentals and another lighthouse tour, other than the two by Ludington, MI.

Stevens Point...
Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: hotels near ferry/trip plans

Do you think time would be better spent going to Silver Lake Dunes and doing the dune buggy rides instead of driving all the way up to Sleeping Bear Dunes? Not sure when we will get the chance again to explore this area?

Little Rock
Level Contributor
3,417 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: hotels near ferry/trip plans

https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php…

taxifarefinder.com shows Ludington on its site ... I haven't tried to plot trips.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
3,417 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: hotels near ferry/trip plans

Ugh ... TA editing window closed on me ...

https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php…

taxifarefinder.com shows Ludington on its site ... I haven't tried to plot trips.

Silver Lake vs. SBSD - one determine factor (IMO) is, are you more of a nature / wildlife type family, or more of a motorized / "gearhead" family.

SBSD is a very beautiful and unique place, so I'd vote for it ... Although I've never been to SL, but I did go to SBSD back in the day when there were dune buggy rides in the immediate area.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: hotels near ferry/trip plans

I agree with John. The Sleeping Bear Dunes was named the most beautiful place in America by Good Morning America. The area is known for amazing vistas, beautiful hikes, dine climbing and historic charming towns.

Silver Lake on the other hand, is the only dunes in the midwest where you can drive on the dunes. Between dune buggy tourist rides, jeep rentals with a guided tour or without, and many other nearby attractions around. I believe, but am not certain, they have atv and horse rentals in the Silver Lake region as well.

No doubt Sleeping Bear is more majestic and the dunes steeper and higher.

6. Re: hotels near ferry/trip plans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2018, 11:15
Get answers to your questions about Ludington