We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

13 Year old son's birthday... what to do

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,902 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
13 Year old son's birthday... what to do

Hello all! I grew up in St. Joe, but it has been years since I lived here. I am going to be in the area for my son's 13th birthday and was wondering if you all could give me an idea of some of the things we might do for his birthday. Since he is 13, and a boy, he likes things like Dave and Buster's, video games etc. I have no idea if there is anything like that in the area. Traveling to Kalamazoo or South Bend wouldn't be a problem, just have no idea where to start. We will be doing plenty of fishing, hiking, beach activities, and outdoor things while we are here, but for his birthday I wanted to try and find somewhere I could take him that he could play video games. I have lived in the Virgin Islands for 15 years, so I am kind of out of touch with what is going on in the states :) Thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Kalamazoo
Kalamazoo
Kalamazoo County, MI
Michigan
Destination Expert
for Saint Joseph
Level Contributor
993 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 13 Year old son's birthday... what to do

Sorry but the video game experience is completely out of my realm. For sure there are plenty of places to celebrate with great ice cream, and the cupcakes from Mimi's cupcake truck parked on the bluff are delish!! I hope you have a wonderful time coming home to St Joe!! Lots has changed!!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
37 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 13 Year old son's birthday... what to do

Craig's Cruisers near GR is good. Air Way lanes in Portage/kzoo is fun. Formula K in Mattawan.

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,902 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 13 Year old son's birthday... what to do

Thanks so much for your replies! I forgot about Formula K, I've driven by that lots in the past. A friend also mentioned Klassic Arcade in Gobles. Different kind of video game experience from the looks of it, and pretty much as cheap as it gets at $5 all day :) Thanks again.

New York City, New...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 13 Year old son's birthday... what to do

here is this link , I hope this help.

http://slackerslazertagfuncenter.com/

5. Re: 13 Year old son's birthday... what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Saint Joseph