We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baseball game end of June

South Elgin...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Baseball game end of June

A few friends and I are road tripping up to MN for a baseball game the end of June. Looking for good hotel ideas near the stadium as well as good post game bars. A good breakfast spot would be appreciated too. I was told about someplace where they are dressed in pajamas, but don't remember the name.

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Baseball game end of June

thanks dwntwn, I'm flying Southwest, is there a longer walk?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
1,071 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Baseball game end of June

Just keep in mind Southwest flies out of the Humphrey Terminal aka Terminal 2, not the main Lindbergh Terminal 1. Much smaller, used to be mostly a charter terminal. Quite convenient to fly out of.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,942 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Baseball game end of June

Yeah - glad you asked. The main Terminal (#1, AKA Lindburgh), is first, then the Terminal #2 (aka Humphry, aka Charter terminal)... LONG MN STORY HERE-- is the second terminal.

The light rail spits you out in the parking ramp, and you have to traipse thru the entire ramp to get to front door of the terminal. But it's a much smaller terminal so it should take not that much longer.

Here's a good light rail map so you can see the line & stations

The light rail can take you from the Twins Stadium, but IF you wait til the game is over... it will be packed. Leave before the game ends.

…state.mn.us/Images/RouteMaps/08/055Map.pdf

Are you just coming in for the game?

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Baseball game end of June

yes, just the two games, a free rewards ticket on Southwest. Thanks for the Term 2 info, I'll just look around little when I arrive and ask the light rail employees if I have questions, very helpful here.

15. Re: Baseball game end of June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2010, 12:16