We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baseball question

houston, tx
Level Contributor
25 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Baseball question

Can we walk up and buy tickets to a game with the White Sox in July, or do you expect to see sell-outs in the new stadium? Sorry, but we are Astros fans who are clueless about whether we need to buy tickets ahead of time but are looking forward to visiting Target Field.

houston, tx
Level Contributor
25 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Baseball question

I had checked several times and the only game we could go to was sold out, but just now checked again before going to StubHub, and was able to buy tickets! It said limited availability so I called and they found 2 tickets in the Family Section. I think we got lucky!

minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Baseball question

It's probably going to be like that all season. Folks wanted to ensure they had seats and bought packages, but end up getting rid of games they can't use. Congrats and enjoy! And of course you know it's an ALL OUTDOOR stadium? No roof but there are covered sections... it's raining all afternoon today during the season's 1st exhibition game.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,704 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Baseball question

Congrats. Keep in mind you'll be attending something those of us who live here have been waiting for for 30 years. It will be a pretty fantastic atmosphere -- especially against the Sox.

Champlin, Minnesota
Level Contributor
32 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Baseball question

I just went to the game today. It was a spring training game against the Cardinals. My little brother and I walked the entire site looking for the greatest view and found that all had their own unique perspectives. I looked at the single game tickets today for you and saw that you are pretty much out of luck for Friday and Saturday, but for Thursday and Sunday, you can find 79.00 tickets in the dugout box. Great seats all around, but if you can find cheaper, there still is not a bad seat. This stadium is awesome and the concourses are very open. Get the cheapest tickets you can and walk around, stopping at locations that you find as a great viewing site. I love this stadium, very similar to Miller Park, but being a Minnesotan, better. Sorry Sconnie fans!!! In fact, I think I might break into my savings to buy season tickets!!! I remember outdoor baseball in MN now!!

15. Re: Baseball question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2010, 12:16