We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Low key, live music in Minneapolis?

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
39 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Low key, live music in Minneapolis?

Hi All,

I am hosting a bridal shower for a good friend of mine next Saturday (4/10). Many guests will be travelling from out of town. After the shower, I want to find some place with low key, live music (maybe jazz?) to go and relax, have drinks, and visit (in normal conversational volume). Guests range in age from 25-55, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your recommendations!

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,942 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Low key, live music in Minneapolis?

The Dakota ?

Hell's Kitchen ?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
255 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Low key, live music in Minneapolis?

The Dakota is a great place, but it's not a place you're going to be able to carry on a conversation. The music is why people go, and I've seen plenty of people give angry looks to people talking during the music.

Hell's Kitchen is probably more up your alley. Good food, good drinks, live music.

If you like Blues, the Famous Dave's restaurant in the Uptown neighborhood usually has a blues band in the evening.

If you feel like venturing into St. Paul, the Artist's Quarter is the best jazz club around... but again, like the Dakota, they're not very friendly to people who talk during the music.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
39 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Low key, live music in Minneapolis?

Thanks so much for your feedback and thoughts. I appreciate your thoughts on the Dakota. Good to know it is not the best for visiting!

4. Re: Low key, live music in Minneapolis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2010, 12:17