We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question re: Chambers Hotel area at night

rocky hill ct
2 posts
Save Topic
Question re: Chambers Hotel area at night

I am wondering what this area is like at night (around midnight). I need to walk down Hennepin rd about 2 blocks to the Chambers Hotel and will be alone. What is that area like at that time of night?

thanks

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question re: Chambers Hotel area at night

That stretch of Hennepin should be find. There's a theater on the same side of the street, and two on the other side of the street. There's bars and restaurants open and near too.

The only stretch of street that even I question when I walk, is the north side of 7th street, next to CityCenter and Block-E.

I know it's a bus stop, but there are people milling there at all hours that never get on a bus. Kinda strange.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
255 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question re: Chambers Hotel area at night

That area used to be a lot sketchier back when the Shinders store was still open, but now it's not so bad. Hennepin is a busy road, and well-lit. There are some places in Minneapolis where I won't walk by myself after dark, but I usually feel comfortable on Hennepin by the theaters.

3. Re: Question re: Chambers Hotel area at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2010, 13:24