We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with Best Access to Northfield

Richboro...
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels with Best Access to Northfield

Hi! Can anyone recommend a hotel or section of Minneapolis that would allow for the easiest access to drive to Carleton College in Northfield while still being in a centralized area? Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels with Best Access to Northfield

Technically anything in the southern part of the metro area, is ideal. For example, you could pick the Mall of America or airport area, and be just fine heading south most hours of the day. If you are looking for restaurants or shopping nearby - look at Burnsville or Apple Valley - southern suburbs in the metro. If it were me, I'd consider making the drive and staying in Northfield. I guess it really depends on what you want to do or what your definition of "centralized area" means.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
666 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels with Best Access to Northfield

Northfield is about an hour south on I-35, so as long as you pick a hotel near 35W, you'll be fine.

Richboro...
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels with Best Access to Northfield

Thank you! We are going to the graduation at Carleton College so I am pretty sure all the hotels there are booked up, but we also were interested in seeing a little of Minneapolis while we are there since it will be our first time visiting. However we don't want to have to worry about getting stuck in traffic when we have to get to the graduation, so I had wondered what area would be best to stay for that.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels with Best Access to Northfield

As stated, Bloomington and south is where I would focus....

Richboro...
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels with Best Access to Northfield

Much appreciated! Are there any specific hotels that you would recommend in that area?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
666 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels with Best Access to Northfield

If Northfield is really booked up, I'd just work my way up 35. Start in Lakeville, the Burnsville, then Bloomington. Most hotels are nationals chains, nice enough, and have reviews here on TripAdvisor.

Richboro...
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels with Best Access to Northfield

Thank you!

8. Re: Hotels with Best Access to Northfield

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2017, 12:16