We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it cheaper to stay in Minneapolis or St Paul?

Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Is it cheaper to stay in Minneapolis or St Paul?

Hi would be grateful for any advice on whether its cheaper to stat in St Paul or Minneapolis in the downtown areas. I will be in the area of for 2 and a half days ( no car) and will use the light rail to get around. As both cities look interesting, would be happy to stay where its cheaper. Thank you

11. Re: Is it cheaper to stay in Minneapolis or St Paul?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 June 2016, 01:35
Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is it cheaper to stay in Minneapolis or St Paul?

What are your dates for your stay in the Twin Cities? The hotels rates usually are in tandem with events / concerts / conventions that are in town. If it's an off weekend with not much activity, you could score a bargain.

St. Paul, MN, US
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is it cheaper to stay in Minneapolis or St Paul?

I think either place is a good option especially since you are here for a limited amount of time. You will be able to walk to restaurants and things to do in both downtown areas and not have a car. There is a lot of free music throughout the Twin Cities during the summer months. It just depends on when you're going to be here. I'd go with checking the rates in both downtown areas and pick a rate/hotel that suits you.

14. Re: Is it cheaper to stay in Minneapolis or St Paul?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 June 2016, 01:35
Minneapolis MN
Level Contributor
537 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is it cheaper to stay in Minneapolis or St Paul?

The people in the last couple of posts wasn't commenting towards you. Other people are allowed to give their opinion. You only have 9 posts and most of them are telling people they are wrong.

FYI you wrote a review of the Hilton Garden Inn in Minneapolis. The HGI is not a motel, nor is it in Arden Hills.

Edited: 02 June 2016, 22:02
16. Re: Is it cheaper to stay in Minneapolis or St Paul?

Removed on: 04 June 2016, 04:35
Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Is it cheaper to stay in Minneapolis or St Paul?

Thanks for the replies. I am staying 24-26 June 2017 to answer one of the posters questions(yes I know planning way ahead but when it takes 24 hours to fly anywhere you need to!!)

Edited: 03 June 2016, 13:57
Minneapolis MN
Level Contributor
537 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Is it cheaper to stay in Minneapolis or St Paul?

Dates haven't been announced yet, but the 3rd weekend in June is usually when the gay pride festival is going on in Loring Park and downtown Minneapolis. It's one of the biggest pride festivals in the country (400000 people attended last year's) so I would expect hotel prices in downtown Minneapolis to spike around then. If you can adjust your trip, I would maybe do so, otherwise St Paul hotels will probably be a little cheaper and quieter.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Is it cheaper to stay in Minneapolis or St Paul?

Very good point.

Downtown will be busy.

20. Re: Is it cheaper to stay in Minneapolis or St Paul?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2017, 12:17