We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to go to MSP & MOA from Sheraton Midtown

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
88 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to go to MSP & MOA from Sheraton Midtown

hi,

i will be staying at Sheraton Midtown. Whats the best way to get there from MSP Airport? and also how would you suggest we go to MOA from there?

thanks.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to go to MSP & MOA from Sheraton Midtown

To go to the airport (presuming you have luggage) I would take a taxi. Should be about $25-30.

To go to the MOA (presuming nothing to carry) it's possible you could walk (east) the 18 blocks or so from the hotel to the light rail station at Lake and Hiawatha. You will see signs to take the light rail toward downtown or the Mall of America. You pay on the platform before you board using a machine that spits out a ticket

Make sure you have a ticket before you board. It's a heavy fine if you are caught on the train without proof of fare.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,161 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to go to MSP & MOA from Sheraton Midtown

fabz a: As I stated in your other post - this hotel is not in an ideal location for lightrail access, like most of the hotels downtown. You may want to read up on the city bus system, which could be an option for you and your family. Or consider Uber. The last couple times I've been there, I've used Uber - and except for one case - it's been way cheaper than a taxi.

http://www.metrotransit.org

Minneapolis MN
Level Contributor
538 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to go to MSP & MOA from Sheraton Midtown

You can take the 5 bus on Chicago Avenue to the Mall of America, it's about a 30 minute ride. FYI the Sheraton Midtown is in kind of a dicey neighborhood so I would be wary of using the bus there later at night, especially if you look like tourists (shopping bags, cameras, etc.). My stepson is going through cancer treatment at the Children's Hospital a few blocks from the hotel and I've taken the 5 and it can get pretty sketchy.

Minneapolis MN
Level Contributor
538 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to go to MSP & MOA from Sheraton Midtown

Sorry for the double post - can't edit my message.

To get to the hotel using public transport, you can take the light rail to the Lake St stop and then transfer to a 21 bus and get off at the Chicago Ave transit center. The 21 is also kind of a rough route, so again I would advise to keep an eye out on your belongings.

5. Re: Best way to go to MSP & MOA from Sheraton Midtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2017, 13:17