We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vikings game in November

2 posts
Save Topic
Vikings game in November

Planning on heading to Minneapolis in November for Cardinals/Vikings game and looking for hotel suggestions. Somewhat close to stadium would be a plus but not a must. Close proximity to nightlife/bars is towards top of list. Will be there Friday 18th-Monday 21st. Any other tips for a first time visitor would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,265 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vikings game in November

Honestly, if you pick anything downtown, you will be nearby. Good landmarks for "centrally located" are the IDS Tower or Westin Minneapolis which puts you 6-7 short city blocks from the stadium and 1-2 from many restaurants and nightlife/bars - and it's right nearby a lightrail stop. Too many options, and every budget level.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vikings game in November

Hello from a fellow fan (and season ticket holder)!

Strongly suggest keeping your hotel choice along the light rail line downtown, west of the stadium.

A hotel I recommend Vikings-fan friends is the Hotel Minneapolis (Autograph Edition), which is walkable to light rail and nightlife. And walkable to US Bank Stadium too (and if weather is bad you can take a cheap taxi or 50-cent light rail ride (50 cents within downtown zone).

Another good option (and a step up in comfort) is the Marquette.

Both hotels give you good access to nightlife, light rail and walking distance to stadium. It's key to be near a light rail station as it connects you to the airport as well as to a couple different good places for drinking, including Surly Brewing (Green Line) and Fulton Brewing (Blue or Green line). Or Sea Salt in Minnehaha Park (Blue Line). Sea Salt is good for some beers and sighseeing with a good lunch. But it gets crowded.

Pro tip: Get all your alcohol before Sunday. Liquor stores are closed here on Sundays.

Double pro tip: Get a bag (disposable or a cheapie) and bring some beers and maybe even some grillables to the tailgate lot before the game. The tailgating situation has not yet been finalized, but it will be soon. Then check back here and I can direct you to where to go. That's the most fun part of pregame. Hang out with fellow fans, and there is a nice camaraderie to where you can strike up a convo and ask if you can use their grill. Fans will always help out someone who traveled for the game.

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vikings game in November

Appreciate the info. Full disclosure, will be traveling from AZ and am a Cardinals fan/season ticket holder. Usually try to pick 1 road game a year to travel to and Minnesota is the choice this year. Looking forward to checking out the new stadium and seeing the sights of a city i have never visited. Am sure i will have more questions the closer we get.

Thanks!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vikings game in November

I take back everything I said. :)

Hotel Minneapolis still would make a good option considering it's walkable to the riverfront area (mill district). Lots of nice cityscapes and photo ops there, with a chance to learn a bit about Minneapolis' history (St. Anthony Falls, lumber milling and then flour milling, General Mills, Pillsbury, etc). Doesn't have to be just that hotel but that would make a nice area to focus on, with several hotels pretty close to that one.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,265 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vikings game in November

Hotel Minneapolis is a good option, especially for a Marriott elite member, too. I stayed there once. As a gold/platinum, I think you get free breakfast and wifi included. My only problem there is that it's not skyway-friendly if you are heading into the warehouse district. I tried a few ways and ended up just walking outside.

6. Re: Vikings game in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2017, 14:17