We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Got Back! Trip report.

Springtown, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Just Got Back! Trip report.

My wife, 18 year old daughter, mother and father in law, and 85 pound Golden Retriever just got back last night from Branson, MO and Eureka Springs, AR. Both places are well worth visiting. I kind of had a negative impression of Branson as it is a well known haven for senior citizens to visit, but I have to say that we all had a blast. We stayed at The Boxcar Willie Motel as it was pet friendly, and it was perfectly acceptable. Clean, well kept, good air, friendly and helpful folks at the front desk, and good rates (around $68 or so a night.) Good location too; just about 3 blocks off of the main drag. Skip their free breakfast though, and instead go to The Plantation (just up the street) for their all you can eat buffet for $4.99. Stick to the eggs, meats, fruits, etc. and you can't go wrong, and you can fill up for the rest of the day. Branson itself had a lot to do; too much for the short 2 days we were there. Old Branson was especially fun. Dick's 5 and 10 Store MUST NOT be missed! There was more "stuff" piled in there from ceiling to floor than I have seen in a store in many years. Great fun! We like to go to "Thrift Shops" (we are not My wife bought me 6 new sports coats, all in great shape, for a total of $10! My wife ,daughter, and mother-in-law found more bargains than I did and

were all raving about it. My wife, daughter, and I went to see a show called "Six," at The Hughes Brothers Theater, and were really well entertained by The Knudsen Brothers who performed an entire show acapella, using only their voices to do all the parts, instruments and all. Their 50's doo-wop material was great, and their impressions of Frank Sinatra, Tom Jones, and Franky Valli were both hilarious and spot on! Very entertaining.

We ate at a place in old Branson called Mr. G's Pizza and Italian Food, a litle local hole in the wall restaurant/ tavern where the food was great, the beer cold, and the service REAL slow. The impression I got was that it was run by "Mom and Pop," a little older couple, probably in their late 60's or so, and they were the only ones there (besides the cook and bartender) who were waiting on people. The food was worth it though. Pizza and salads were both good, and my daughter got chicken alfredo that she said was wonderful. My beer was ice cold. Go there if you have the time.

All in all, I would definitely recommend Branson for anyone who wants to have a little fun and who is not too stuffy to enjoy a little "corn." The Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum (which we just didn't have time to cover) is worth a picture just for the outside of it! We will go back, and all had a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Branson
Branson
Missouri
ozark, ar
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Got Back! Trip report.

Sounds like you had a good time. I found a cupon for 49.95 for Boxcar willies, you said it was nice, how is the pool??? Thanks and God Bless

Springtown, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Got Back! Trip report.

We didn't swim, but my wife did use the hot tub which she said was great. While she was there she dipped her foot in the pool to test the water but it was too cold for her liking.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Got Back! Trip report.

I am glad branson is overcoming the past reputation of just for elders,,,,,,,

Branson can be tons of fun..

Hubby and I like to just stay somewhere nice,

eat out a bit and shop..........

Try the hard luck diner next time, the wait staff sing to you as they serve and two have been on american idol, one in the top 24 , foods god, ice cream is yummy...

It is located in the grand village shopping center , next door to the grand palace theater on 76..

Mentioned in this post
Branson
Branson
Missouri
KCMO
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Got Back! Trip report.

Great report shill. If you get the chance Branson during Christmas is really something to see.

Mentioned in this post
Branson
Branson
Missouri
Mid Missouri
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Got Back! Trip report.

Shill, glad to see your input on Boxcar Willies. We will be staying there this weekend. We have two toy poodles and are trying to figure how we will be able to visit any places with these boys. Can't leavem in the motel,they would bark the whole time. Can't leavem any place,mom, dad and the boys wouldn't like that. Think it'l be a lot of sightseeing.

chicago
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Got Back! Trip report.

It seems you and your family have enjoyed a lot.I was just trying to plan a trip with family Branso looks good i will go for Branso.

roseyliza

[url= http://www.drugtreatments.com/missouri]Missouri Drug Treatment [/url]

Mentioned in this post
Missouri
Missouri
United States
7. Re: Just Got Back! Trip report.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 20:19