We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip review with 3 year-old

Wash.
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Trip review with 3 year-old

Spent 3 days in Branson about 2 weeks ago (when it was 100 with 50% humitidy!) Had a great time. Silver Dollar City is great - went at 9 a.m., left at 2, came back around 4 - spent a day and a half there - the atmosphere is so much more laid back and I guess family-friendly than a 6 flags, or even Disneyland. Plenty to do for little kids too. We stayed at 12 Oaks Inn - its fine, clean and quiet, nothing fancy ($50/night). At at the large fish restaurant (name??) at Branson Landing which was quite good - the Landing is a nice area with shops/upscale shops. Of course the Tanger Outlet Mall is nearby for bargains. . . . Didn't find traffic on 76 all that bad, and its so easy to skirt around it . . . went to the Shanghai Circus - came recommended for small kids, but both my 3 year-old and I were bored (my wife liked it though) . . . Drove 20 miles north and went to Lamberts, which, even with a 60 minute wait is entirely worth it! There's enough stuff in Branson for 4-5 days and I think it can please all ages pretty darn well.

Mentioned in this post
Branson
Branson
Missouri
Silver Dollar City
Silver Dollar City
9,408 Reviews
Branson, MO
Branson Landing
Branson Landing
2,054 Reviews
Branson, MO
KCMO
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip review with 3 year-old

Sound like a fun packed stay. Thanks for the update. We went in the fish restaurant a few months ago at the landing looked at the menu prices and headed on down to Garfields.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip review with 3 year-old

The restaurant is called white river fish house,

they are owned by bass pro shop...

It seems it is always hot when I go to silver dollar city...

But it is a great park, very unique..

Thanks for the review.....

try hard luck diner next time,

Singing wait staff, yummy food,

3. Re: Trip review with 3 year-old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 08:16