We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting the Hermann wineries

West Orange, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visiting the Hermann wineries

We are traveling to St. Louis next week and are thinking about spending one or two nights in Hermann to get out of the city. If we take the train to Hermann will be able to get to the wineries without a car from downtown. We want to be able to drink without driving? Also do you recommend going for one or two nights?

4 replies to this topic
USA
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting the Hermann wineries

Wineries are spread out in wine country, so you will need to use a service like Hermann Trolley to pick you up and take you around. I believe it's $20 for the day. They'll help you coordinate with the train for a day trip and even if you decide to stay in a B&B. Personally I'd see more than enough in a day, but I'm local to the area. A B&B could be fun for a night. Hopefully others can chime in with experience.

Prairie Village, KS
Level Contributor
87 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting the Hermann wineries

Spending one night in Hermann is perfect. We've done this a few times; one day of hitting wineries on the trolley, go out for dinner, spend the night in a B&B, then maybe hit a few more wineries or do something else the next day until your train leaves. We always have a really fun time in Hermann.

Linn, Missouri
Level Contributor
637 posts
430 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting the Hermann wineries

I think 1 night would be sufficient. We are in that area quite often so we would struggle finding enough to fill an entire weekend, but if you have never been at all I think you could manage it.

I do want to add that nightlife isn't crazy there. Lots of wineries close by 6ish so it leaves few things to do after dark.

Prairie Village, KS
Level Contributor
87 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting the Hermann wineries

We always end up here after the wineries close:

http://www.concerthallandbarrel.com/

Reply to: Visiting the Hermann wineries
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hermann