We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chiefs tailgating and other questions.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
411 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Chiefs tailgating and other questions.

Coming to the Chiefs/Steelers game in November. Have the tickets and hotel reservations, now we are just nailing down some details. We want to take part in what we understand is the best tailgating in the NFL. What are the best lots to experience the fun? Are there some lots that sell out quickly? Any suggestions?

Also looking for restaurant suggestions. We like upscale pubs and microbrews. Considering 75th St Brewery. Anything else we should try?

Thanks. I'm sure I'll have more questions later.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
411 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Chiefs tailgating and other questions.

Thanks for all the great suggestions! One minor question: at this point the start time is 1pm. Will it be safe for us to leave our grill outside of our car during the game, or should we allow enough time for it to cool and put away? Many places you would assume the grill would be gone by the time you get out of the game.

We will be in no hurry to get out of the parking lot (depending on the game result :) ), so we'll find the best spot and not be in a rush to get out.

Thanks again. I'm sure I'll more questions the closer we get. I'm a planner!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Chiefs tailgating and other questions.

While the area there is pretty safe, I would never put it past some drunken rowdies, or even opportunistic people to grab something left alone. I don't think I'd leave anything, but it might be ok. I guess my feeling is safety first, especially if you are a visiting team supporter...

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Chiefs tailgating and other questions.

There are bins that are just for hot coals. you can dump coals in there if you want to put grill away before game. we usually dump goals then leave grill out- never had a problem but stuff happens

they started putting bins out after someone "hid" hot grill under their car- and of course car started on fire!

matts408
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Chiefs tailgating and other questions.

I believe the game starts at noon....

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
411 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Chiefs tailgating and other questions.

Thanks again for the helpful info. We are getting so excited about getting there in a few weeks!

I think there is just one question left. Since the game starts at noon (or 1pm - not sure), we are thinking of just doing some breakfast foods before the game, then grilling after. Does anyone do that, or would we just be in the way of people trying to leave?

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Chiefs tailgating and other questions.

People do both- the MAJORITY of the tailgating goes on Before the game. you will see people cooking breakfast on the grill. and everything else. ribs. chicken, chili - you name it they do it. We usually do a hot breakfast a few times a season.= on the grill with grill pan

game starts at NOON

if you want the true tailgating experience i would skip the donuts and break out the grill Before the game.

the ones who do it after wards are just waiting for the crowds to clear - i think

17. Re: Chiefs tailgating and other questions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2010, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Kansas City