We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to camp near Great Falls, MT

Iqaluit, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Looking to camp near Great Falls, MT

Trying to find a place to camp near Great Falls, seems like there are more cabins available than actual campsites... Anyone know of any good spots. I see there is Fort Ponderosa campground, any comments on that location? Any help would be much appreciated. Would prefer to go more rustic than right in the town/city.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Looking to camp near Great Falls, MT

Great Falls isn't in the mountains but there are mountains south of town.

Have you looked for a KOA? That would probably be closer in. Look on the state park website and national forest website for other options. The big state park near there is Giant Springs, which I don't believe is a campground.

Great Falls...
Level Contributor
1 post
2. Re: Looking to camp near Great Falls, MT

Are you talking Summer camping or now? Tent or RV? Fort Ponderosa is a nice rustic treed campground just outside of Belt about 20 miles from Great Falls. Would make a good stop for tent or RV. KOA is just outside the city limits in a nice treed setting. There are several public campgrounds between Armington Junction and White Sulpher Springs but they are only accessible in the Summer due to snow.

Iqaluit, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Looking to camp near Great Falls, MT

It would be summer camping in a tent.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Looking to camp near Great Falls, MT

And you want to go in to the city for shopping / eating? Neihart is a little far for that, but it could be done.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
5. Re: Looking to camp near Great Falls, MT

Where did you decide to go? I'm trying to figure out a place to camp around Great Falls in early June.

Iqaluit, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Looking to camp near Great Falls, MT

I'm thinking ponderosa pines campground in Belt, its close to Great Falls and Lewis and Clark Forest which looks really neat especially the sluice boxes park in the northern part of the forest! Let me know if you find anywhere else worth going, I would appreciate it!

7. Re: Looking to camp near Great Falls, MT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 11:16
Get answers to your questions about Great Falls