We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from North Dakota

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from North Dakota

We are driving from North Dakota (Jamestown) to Great Falls next month. I am not sure whether to get on the Hwy 200 at Glendive or to get on it further west. Google Map shows 200 to be a dull road and I could not determine what the road conditions/speed limits are. Any comments ?

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
5,828 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from North Dakota

I am curious......what is a "dull road"?

All 2 lane roads in Montana are 70 mph unless posted lower. All interstate highways are posted at 75 mph.

Deb

Duluth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
80 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from North Dakota

It's not all that bad of the road. We would take it once in a while just to do something different on our trips out from Minnesota. Not a whole lot of traffic on it. It's what I would consider your typical two lane highway in eastern Montana. The part between Circle and Mosby is probably the dullest with the exception to some badland areas along the way. After that it becomes more hilly and the different mountain ranges start appearing making the drive more attractive. We'd take it more often is it wasn't for the lack of nice accommodations in Lewistown when compared to Havre. Make sure you fill up with gas in Glendive to get to Lewistown.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from North Dakota

A dull road is one with no beautiful sights and lack of good facilities and food on the way. Thanks for the info

4. Re: Driving from North Dakota

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Great Falls