We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Visit!

Wainwright, Alberta
Level Contributor
150 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
1st Visit!

We are coming next month to do some shopping from Canada. Could you please suggest some great places to shop as well as restaurants. We love Mexican and Indian food. And any other suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated. Is there a Costco or Trader Joes in Great Falls? Thanks very much!

Mentioned in this post
Canada
Canada
North America
Great Falls, Montana
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st Visit!

You might be in for disappointment. No Cosco or Trader Joes. Sam's club is about the closest thing to Cosco. No Indian food either.

We have several Mexican style places. I'd recommend El Comedor, or the Amigo Lounge. Both are locally owned and I've had good food at both more often than not--although I've had bad food at both too. I've also frequently had lousy service at both, but the food has been good enough to bring me back.

If you like Greek food, Dimitris is a good place--it is my current favourite restaurant in town. They have a good mix of authentic Greek food and food targeted at more American tastes. The owners are a husband and wife team, one or the other of whom it seems is always there, and they will frequently stop by your table in person to check that everything is all right.

I'm afraid I can't suggest any place to shop, as I don't think we have any great shopping places--maybe I'm just used to it all from living here.

Wainwright, Alberta
Level Contributor
150 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st Visit!

Thanks for your reply. We also enjoy greek food, so that is a big possibility.

I've never been to a Sam's. Do you need to be a member?

Looking forward to our visit. Oh, would you happen to know where the Harley shop is please. An

address if you have it.

Thanks again!

Great Falls, Montana
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st Visit!

Yes, you need to be a member at Sams. While I am a Sam's member, I've never been to Cosco. People who have been to both tell me that Sam's is not as good.

I don't know the Harley shop's address (I suspect 4800 block of 10th Avenue South, but I'd have to google it to be sure, which I bet you could do as well.

Wainwright, Alberta
Level Contributor
150 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st Visit!

Thanks very much!

5. Re: 1st Visit!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Great Falls
;