We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What was original department store in Asurion location?

Level Contributor
1,450 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
What was original department store in Asurion location?

There is a building downtown, on Central Ave, occupied by Asurion. I think this building housed a Bon Marche Department Store at one time. What was the original department store in this building?

5 replies to this topic
Great Falls, Montana
Level Contributor
191 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What was original department store in Asurion location?

In 1929 a general merchandise store called the Paris Dry Goods moved into its new, four-story brick building at Central Avenue and Fourth Street.

It was later re-named The Paris of Montana as it developed into a full-fledged department store, well-loved by the locals.

It merged with The Bon Marche in the late 1980s, took the Bon name, and finally closed in 1999. It is still missed!

Mentioned in this post
Montana
Montana
United States
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What was original department store in Asurion location?

Thanks so much! We just returned from a wonderful trip to Montana. I had a photo of the building and I was determined to find out the original store was. I'm interested in history of department stores and how they are no longer with us. I'm sure you miss it!

Mentioned in this post
Montana
Montana
United States
Great Falls, Montana
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: What was original department store in Asurion location?

The previous reply has is backwards--it was originally an elegant department store called The Paris of Montana, The Paris sold out in the 70's to the Bon Marche. It then closed as a store and reopened as a call center for National Electronics Warranty (NEW), then was sold to Asurion

Mentioned in this post
Montana
Montana
United States
Bozeman, Montana
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What was original department store in Asurion location?

It was originally the Paris of Montana, the finest department store in Great Falls!

Mentioned in this post
Montana
Montana
United States
Bozeman, Montana
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What was original department store in Asurion location?

It was originally the Paris of Montana, the finest department store in all of Great Falls!

Mentioned in this post
Montana
Montana
United States
Reply to: What was original department store in Asurion location?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Great Falls