We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Vegas shutting down again?

1 post
Is Vegas shutting down again?
Save

I am flying out this Saturday 11/14 with 4 friends, and we are scheduled to be in Vegas until Wednesday 11/18. I have friends out there now and they are stating that we need to watch the news, as they are hearing everything is shutting down in the next few days. Is there any truth to this? Do any Vegas locals have any insight? Our trip in March was cancelled at the very last minute for the same reason, so we are obviously all very concerned!

60 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
27,813 posts
34 reviews
22 helpful votes
1. Re: Is Vegas shutting down again?
Save

Read this thread - the Governor may introduce restrictions at a future date but it's not going to happen this weekend

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k13429797-Nevada_Governor_gives_two_weeks_for_Covid_s_to_improve-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,685 posts
395 reviews
559 helpful votes
2. Re: Is Vegas shutting down again?
Save

We received a two week warning a few days ago from our corrupt governor, but he was very vague as to what restrictions he will put in place if the rate of cases does not decline.

Philly
Level Contributor
4,715 posts
33 reviews
16 helpful votes
3. Re: Is Vegas shutting down again?
Save

Would seriously doubt a total shutdown..perhaps some more or different restrictions in regards to bars and restaurants ...

Seattle
Level Contributor
960 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Is Vegas shutting down again?
Save

The best answer to your question is MAYBE. But if there is a shut down it is still a couple weeks away. The governor of Nevada and other states have to struggle with the new surge in covid 19 and have little choice on the matter.

Magnolia, Texas
6 posts
5. Re: Is Vegas shutting down again?
Save

I’m so glad I went in mid October. I’m still healthy, a little less wealthy and still wise :-)

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
49,836 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
6. Re: Is Vegas shutting down again?
Save

"We received a two week warning a few days ago from our corrupt governor, "

Is that a direct quote from Trump? There are very few people who would slander someone, and make it seem like a fact, without some type of evidence..

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
806 posts
126 reviews
91 helpful votes
7. Re: Is Vegas shutting down again?
Save

"...our corrupt governor..."

Yes, larilu, please let us know the sort of corruption in which Sisolak has been implicated and what charges he may face. Or is it just the (D) after his name?

New York, NY
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,707 posts
23 reviews
63 helpful votes
8. Re: Is Vegas shutting down again?
Save

you can't spell "corruption" without two Rs.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
530 posts
9. Re: Is Vegas shutting down again?
Save

Yes it will be for fact... another complete shutdown is just around the corner.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
26 posts
10. Re: Is Vegas shutting down again?
Save

My trip is 6 ish weeks away. I remain hopeful if there is a said shutdown, things are back up and running again shortly after with lower covid case numbers.

Reply to: Is Vegas shutting down again?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
US$USD
Malaysia
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.