We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hairdryer/Straightener

smf
waterford Ireland
Level Contributor
182 posts
Hairdryer/Straightener

Hello, as the voltage is different in the US and my own hairdryer and GHD straightener will not work as well over in Vegas, where can I buy a decent (but relatively cheap) version of each when I am there. I wont spend a lot on it, I just want something that will work ok. Thanks

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,737 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour from Las...
635 Reviews
from US$369.99*
US$399.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
Tavares, Florida
Level Contributor
6,127 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Hairdryer/Straightener

You should be able to find them at Walgreens or CVS on the strip. The CVS is close to the Monte Carlo and Walgreens is across the street, north of MGM.

smf
waterford Ireland
Level Contributor
182 posts
2. Re: Hairdryer/Straightener

Thank you very much

Calgary
Level Contributor
269 posts
3. Re: Hairdryer/Straightener

I found good prices at a beauty supply store that was on "Maryland", just east of the strip. I cannot remember the store name but it was in a strip mall on the east side of the street. I believe there were quite a few stores on Maryland that carry salon quality equipment very cheap (especially compared to Canadian prices).

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Hairdryer/Straightener

I contemplated buying some straightners in Vegas but never did. Walgreens and CVS are you best bet on strip. There were some pretty good value ones, around £15-£20.

I bought some Babyliss gas straightners in Argos before we went and they were useless! Supposed to heat up about as hot as my normal straightners but they didn't seem to do anything.

Barbie

Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
1 review
5. Re: Hairdryer/Straightener

Your hotel may supply you with a hair dryer.

I use a large (cheapo Conair) curling iron to straighten my hair and it works just fine. You can get that brand at the drug store for about $20US. My hair never looked better than in Vegas. No frizz due to low humidity. I didn't need to straighten it as much as I do here.

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: Hairdryer/Straightener

You could always get a voltage converter.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
119 reviews
7. Re: Hairdryer/Straightener

are your GHD's the older ones... their latest set are dual voltage...

and check with your hotel.. most now supply hairdryers?