We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast at Wynn

Indianapolis...
5 posts
1 review
Breakfast at Wynn

Staying at Wynn next month and have a comped Buffett meal. Most of the meals on our trip are already planned. Is it worth it to pay for Tableau or just hitting the wynn Buffett for a free breakfast?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,718 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,229 Reviews
from US$139.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour from Las...
616 Reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Indianapolis...
5 posts
1 review
1. Re: Breakfast at Wynn

Or just going to Bouchon for breakfast which is close by at the Venetian?

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
45,587 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Breakfast at Wynn

Dining at Tableau is one of the best breakfast experiences in Las Vegas. I strongly recommend it. Can't you do both? The Wynn buffet is a nice one, but it's certainly not a breakfast you will remember a few years from now.

I'm not going to tell you not to enjoy the free Wynn buffet, but in no way is it the same experience as dining (not eating) at Tableau.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Breakfast at Wynn

Ktinca (and anyone else who's enjoyed dining at Tableau or other fine restaurants for breakfast), do you mind elaborating on what makes the experience so special and memorable? I've read the many recommendations of breakfast at Tableau here, and I think it looks lovely, but I'm trying to decide if it's worth the price. It seems to me that the value must be more in the experience than the food.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Breakfast at Wynn

It all depends on how important the breakfast meal is to you. Nothing is better than room service breakfast to me, but I would never assume that is the same for everyone else.

Indianapolis...
5 posts
1 review
5. Re: Breakfast at Wynn

Thanks for the advice. I'm leaning towards Tableau. I'm on vacation and prefer a memorable meal. I'm a huge breakfast fan.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
45,587 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Breakfast at Wynn

I'll try. First the thing that amazes me most is that the price difference between having breakfast at Tableau or Veranda, or Bouchon is literally only $5-$10 more than breakfast at the cafe/coffee shops at MGM, Monte Carlo Grand Lux, or any other comparable choices.

Those are coffee shops designed to serve many at one time, the menus reflect this as does the service. There is nothing wrong with these places, they will provide a nice meal. But any of them aren't really much better than the others (BTW: We like Society Cafe at Encore).

Tableau, Veranda, Bouchon are restaurants, not cafe/coffee shops. The menus are smaller and more selective. The service is greater, as there is more staff per guest, and that staff is allowed to spend more time with each guest. And of course there are little things.

We haven't been to Tableau (or stayed at Wynn) in a couple of years. But when you enter the hostess asks your name, and after that the rest of the staff will address you by name. Some of the Tableau specialty dishes do not come with toast, and sometimes I forget this. So when the dish arrives, I request an English muffin. At Tableau the waitress then goes to the kitchen---and waits for my muffin, bringing it to me as soon as it is ready. At any of the cafe/coffee shops, the waitress would ask the kitchen for a muffin, and then go help someone else, coming back later for my muffin. Is this a big deal? Probably not for most, but it is something you notice.

The staff also makes sure that you know that you should take your time. And this is evident in the atmosphere all around you. It is quiet and relaxed. Most around you are dining not eating. This is something you can actually feel. And you should make sure to allow more time for breakfast here.

I don't really know where to add the fact that Tableau brings ladies a small stool on which to rest their purse, so they don't have to be on the floor. It's a little thing that many find charming, and a special touch. Personally I have always been more impressed that Veranda doesn't use ice in their Iced Tea. They freeze Iced Tea and use that as cubes, so it doesn't dilute your drink. Maybe if I carried a purse Tableau would impress me more. lol

It really isn't that much different than dinner. Dining in a more intimate, nicer restaurant, is a different experience than in a casual venue or a coffee shop/cafe. It's just that one doesn't get to enjoy this at breakfast as often as at dinner, so it tends to stand out.

England
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Breakfast at Wynn

Ktinca

Amen to all that and agree wholeheartedly that Tableau is great value for money. The whole ambience of the place (light and clean) and the relaxed atmosphere make you truly feel like a guest, and not a number or a stat on someones "time and motion" spreadsheet.

I like the fact that I can tell that my meal has been cooked specifically for me - it is always hot and fresh. We went for breakfast twice last trip and plan a similar strategy come September.

P.S. My wife loved the handbag holder (or whatever you call it!!!)

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
45,587 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Breakfast at Wynn

"My wife loved the handbag holder (or whatever you call it!!!"

I'm almost certain that Tableau actually came up with this because the ground at the outside tables near the pool would get wet from splashing or overflow. So after a few complaints they came up with the perfect solution, which later became a signature amenity.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: Breakfast at Wynn

Thanks, Ktinca. That's helpful. I love the idea of a stool for my purse!

England
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Breakfast at Wynn

See, Tableau is class. They don't even have a souvenir shop to buy the handbag thingy!