We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a little town for ocean fishing near Concord

2 posts
1 review
looking for a little town for ocean fishing near Concord

We're traveling to Concord for a morning visit in a few weeks and asked my son what he would like to do for a free afternoon abd he said fishing in the ocean. We will be traveling to Andover that night but would love to find a pier we could fish off of somewhere. Can anyone help us?

3 replies to this topic
NH
Level Contributor
3,864 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: looking for a little town for ocean fishing near Concord

You do mean NH. Right? There is also a Concord MA and Andover MA as well as Concord NH and Andover NH. Concord NH is about an hour from the ocean. Where will you be coming from?

2 posts
1 review
2. Re: looking for a little town for ocean fishing near Concord

Sorry, We're looking for somewhere to fish on the ocean between Concord, NH and Andover, MA

Georgia
Level Contributor
3,213 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: looking for a little town for ocean fishing near Concord

Are you looking for a beach or somewhere to go "surf-casting"? Do you have equipment (fishing rods, etc...)? I don't know what the license requirements are, I think none if fishing in the ocean.

OR are you thinking about a 1/2 day deep sea fishing charter? If you haven't got a set of equipment or lack a lot of experience, this may be the better option. You use their rods, etc... If you catch anything, you can get the 1st mate to prep it for you.

If you catch anything, do you have someplace to cook it?

Man, I can smell fried haddock already!

Anyway, Portsmouth, Seabrook or Newburyport are possible ports to find a deep sea charter.

Reply to: looking for a little town for ocean fishing near Concord
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Concord