We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is the best area to stay in?

london
Level Contributor
24 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Which is the best area to stay in?

Hi Everyone. My husband and I are planning our 1st trip to Bali in April 2014, for 9 days.

We would like a nice hotel, on the beach and be able to go have good, cheap food nearby. We love having sundowners, so somewhere with great sunsets would be fab.

Which beach area is best to consider?

Many Thanks in Advance

Adine

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is the best area to stay in?

Legian :) I love the Padma but am looking to stay elsewhere this time as it's very expensive.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,508 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is the best area to stay in?

Hi Adi - what sort of budget are you looking at per night?

london
Level Contributor
24 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is the best area to stay in?

Hi Happynoodleboy

Budget is approx 100-150£ per room per night.

Thanks Adine

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,508 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is the best area to stay in?

Top end of your budget have a look at the Seminyak Beach Resort; great location, beach front, near restaurants to suit all budgets.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is the best area to stay in?

I would also recommend at the lower end of your budget, the Royal seminyak beach resort. (different to The Seminyak). Definately not as flash but beachfront with a very Balinese feel, with great beach bars close by and walking distance to some good, cheap restaurants.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is the best area to stay in?

I like the Padma too - Legian is quieter than Kuta with less yahoos, but still has a good range of restaurants and bars, and isn't too far from Seminyak for the more upmarket places.

However I'm with Jimjespur, in that it's too expensive now. I stay at the Pearl which is quite cheap, and have also stayed at Villa Blubambu which was great. Both of these have reviews on TA, but may be a bit more downmarket (although still very nice) than what you want, given your budget.

There's restaurants and bars all along the Kuta-Legian-Seminyak beach so as long as you stay on the western side of Jalan Legian, its a few minutes walk and take your pick. The sun sets very prettily most days!

7. Re: Which is the best area to stay in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Seminyak