We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baumann's brookside

Kerhonkson, New York
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
baumann's brookside

Looking for information on Baumann's Brookside. I have plans to stay there soon and was wondering if anyone has any input on the resort. Thanks

Maryland
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: baumann's brookside

Do you still need info. on Baumanns? I can help.

Kerhonkson, New York
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: baumann's brookside

Yes, I would love to hear your comments on Baumann's.

Thanks

Maryland
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: baumann's brookside

Hi. Let's see - where to start. This Aug. will be my 13th year in a row!! My family has been coming even longer than that. A bunch of our family members come the first week in Aug. every year. There are quite a few of us. My kids could not imagine if we skipped a year. The food is really good - prepare to gain some weight.

With that being said the resort is very old. I don't think the furnishings in the room have been changed in 50 years (lol). We stay in Yankee Hall every year which is sort of a little house that contains 4 separate bedrooms. My family occupies this completely. I think its the best spot in the place (also not the most expensive) but I woulnd't want to share Yankee Hall with other people I didn't know as there is a shared porch (know what I mean?). Housekeeping is sort of spotty. We know that going in though.

The place is really good with kids. They have different activities for them. Egg hunts, a climbing wall, big pool, bingo, crafts, pony rides. etc. At night in the rec hall everyone gets a table. We all shop for snacks, drinks, etc. and hang out there every night. There is music. Place does get loud. Late night drinking does go on but I'm gone by that time.

I'm sure I'm leaving tons out so if you have specific questions I'd be happy to answer. Also, we were in their brochure a few years ago - that was funny.

Kerhonkson, New York
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: baumann's brookside

Thanks so much for your info. We (just my hubby and I) are going mid week in Aug. The week before labor day.

Maryland
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: baumann's brookside

I hope you have a good time!

6. Re: baumann's brookside

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 12:25
Get answers to your questions about Greenville