We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestion for stops between Long Island and Ithaca

Syosset, New York
3 posts
Save Topic
Suggestion for stops between Long Island and Ithaca

Hi,

My wife and I are taking our kids (4 and 7) for a road trip from Long Island to Ithaca. Would be really appreciated if someone could recommend some interesting stops and restaurants along the way. Thanks in advance.

Eric

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
8,243 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestion for stops between Long Island and Ithaca

Which route are you taking?

Syosset, New York
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestion for stops between Long Island and Ithaca

Right now Google tells me to take N-17, but I-80/I-81 is another alternative. any idea which route is a better drive?

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
8,243 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestion for stops between Long Island and Ithaca

NY-17 will take you through the Catskills and is the more scenic route. There is a zoo in Binghamton that your kids might enjoy. Until your reach the Binghamton area, the drive up NY-17 from the thruway is pretty rural and while pretty, doesn't offer much for kids.

The Rolling River Cafe (Parksville exit just past the exits for Liberty) has great food but only serves dinner during the week (lunch as well on the weekend).

The I-80/I-81 route will take you through the Poconos; there is a water park at Camelback Mountain not far off the interstate.

Syosset, New York
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestion for stops between Long Island and Ithaca

thanks! will definitely check out the Cafe on our way back on Sunday. would make a great brunch. Any suggestion for restaurants in Ithaca?

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
8,243 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestion for stops between Long Island and Ithaca

There are many diverse choices in Ithaca but my favorite is Just a Taste. I also like Maxies quite a bit.

6. Re: Suggestion for stops between Long Island and Ithaca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2016, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Ithaca