We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ithaca or Geneva ?

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Topic
Ithaca or Geneva ?

Hello,

we plan to spend 3 nights, 2 days in the Finger Lakes area. What would be the most authentic and interesting town, i mean shopping streets, art galleries, restaurants and walking path on the lake : Ithaca or Geneva ? Thank you

Lodi, New York
Level Contributor
733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ithaca or Geneva ?

Hands down, Ithaca. There's really no comparison. :)

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ithaca or Geneva ?

thank you

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
8,227 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ithaca or Geneva ?

I think Geneva is more authentic but Ithaca is far more interesting.

Ithaca is an anomaly in the Finger Lakes and Upstate NY as it is far more "left-leaning" (progressive) than the rest of the region.

In Ithaca, The Commons is the primary walking area for shopping and restaurants. The Cayuga Waterfront Trail provides lakeside walking but I recommend visiting the beautiful nearby state parks instead.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ithaca or Geneva ?

again, thank you

5. Re: Ithaca or Geneva ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2016, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Ithaca