We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for a 2 night stay

Farmingdale, New...
Level Contributor
74 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for a 2 night stay

My kids are going on a trip from aug 1 through the 3rd. My husband and I - in our mid 40s want to get in a trip as well. We are in LI but have never ventured out to Montauk. Any suggestions? Is it even possible to do something decent with such short notice? Looking for something relaxing - beach/wine/spa ok but not required.

4 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
710 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for a 2 night stay

Look at Gurneys Inn for availability then check all the other motels in Montauk, if they have a room book it and enjoy!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,804 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for a 2 night stay

Pricey but certainly possible. In addition to Gurney,s there,s the Montauk Yacht club.

new york
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for a 2 night stay

I would recommend ocean beach resort. It's right on the ocean but a block from town. They have a pool and are right on the ocean. Gurneys would be a anniversary trip but if you guys want to lay on the beach then walk to town for drinks and dinner then try ocean beach . This is a very relaxed place. We love being able to walk to town in the am for coffee then at night for drinks. Gurneys is definitely a special occasion type of a place. There you would get the spa. But if you want to chill out in montauk try ocean beach. Make sure you call because Vinnie is very accommodating and might be able to do a 2 night stay. He does for us and we go every July. Montauk is a very laid back surfing community. You will love it.

new york
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for a 2 night stay

My bad.. it's ocean surf resort! Sorry

Reply to: Advice for a 2 night stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted