We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Showers, Day Passes

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
21 posts
Showers, Day Passes

Planning a day trip to Montauk. Looking for a beach with free parking and clean showers so we can go to dinner afterwards. Any ideas? Do any of the hotels offer beach day passes or cabana rentals? Any beaches that serve alcoholic beverages? Thank you!

15 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,382 posts
117 reviews
1. Re: Showers, Day Passes

I have never heard of either free parking with showers or hotel day passes.

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
21 posts
2. Re: Showers, Day Passes

Do you know which beaches have nicer bathroom/showers? Any suggestions on where we could get cleaned up for dinner? Thanks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
981 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Showers, Day Passes

Your biggest problem may be parking, most Montauk beaches require an East Hampton town parking sticker. Some public lots do sell day parking tickets but they only offer a few per day and they can be expensive. Look at the East Hampton Town (Montauk is located within the town of East Hampton) website for beach parking rules. Other than that you will only find beaches with public bathrooms and a few have an open outdoor shower to rinse off under while wearing your suit. Unless you are dining somewhere casual where you can arrive still semi salty this won’t be a good plan. Here is a site with some info https://www.montauk-online.com/?s=Public+Facilities/Beach+Parking+Lots

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
21 posts
4. Re: Showers, Day Passes

I may need to rethink this. Thank you!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
104,877 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Showers, Day Passes

Several of the beaches list having showers

https://www.montauk-online.com/?s=Public+Facilities

The only free parking I know of is at Kirk Park Beach at the Montauk IGA.

You might contact Gurney's Inn and see if they sell day passes. I know they do on Sat. At a high price.

If you,re planning this for a weekday, you might consider Cooper's Beach in Southampton instead. They allow non residents to pay for parking ($50) for the day, There's a snack bar and bathroom with showers.

www.southamptonvillage.org/interest.asp

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
21 posts
6. Re: Showers, Day Passes

Thank you! The Southampton idea sounds good. I will reach out to Gurneys as well.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
171 posts
47 reviews
7. Re: Showers, Day Passes

Hither Hills State Park charges to park for the day to use the beach. It’s a beautiful camping area and beach. There’s a great snack bar as well. They have showers you can use and changing rooms after a day at the beach.

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
21 posts
8. Re: Showers, Day Passes

Thank you! I will look into that. Do you have any suggestions on where to eat dinner in Southampton that is nice but casual?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,382 posts
117 reviews
9. Re: Showers, Day Passes

Have you looked at the restaurants here on TA? Southampton tends to be a bit fancier than Montauk. And nothing is inexpensive at either.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
171 posts
47 reviews
10. Re: Showers, Day Passes

I don’t usually go to Southampton , as I prefer Montauks casual and laid back atmosphere.

The Southampton Publick House is casual, maybe check that out

Reply to: Showers, Day Passes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted