We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice couple from Poland lookin for room to rent in Montauk

Poland, Poznań
5 posts
Save Topic
Nice couple from Poland lookin for room to rent in Montauk

Hi, my name is Milena, I am from Poland. In this summer I and my friend will come to Amagansett to work (14th of June- 21th of september). We looking for cheap room to rent (maybe in Montauk). It can be small, with one bed, must be clean, not expensive.

We are a nice people, students. I study Food Technology on University of Science in Poland, my friend studys Public Administration. We are 23 and 26 years old. We haven't got any addictions. We don't smoke and drink a lot of alcohol.

If You can help us write, please: pimpekallegro@op.pl

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,438 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice couple from Poland lookin for room to rent in Montauk

Where will you work in Amagansett? Do you know it's not that close to Montauk? There are a lot of Irish students who work in Montauk for the summer. I don't think this is a good place to find a room. I suggest you consider running an ad in the East Hampton Star or the East Hampton Press--both local newspapers that cover the area. Do you know how you'll get around? (Like how you'll travel to your job?)

Poland, Poznań
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice couple from Poland lookin for room to rent in Montauk

Thanks for Your answer :) We will work in a shop with alcohols (with work&travel program), but employer didn't reply for our e-mail -we wrote to him that maybe he can help us to find a room to rent. I haven't got idea why he don't write back. maybe he is to busy. I didn't know that Montauk is far from Amagansett. And thank You for Your advice. I never been in USA, and I'm a little afraid that I will not find a room especially, that hampton is so expensive. I will look for in local newspapers. Thanks:)

Edited: 04 May 2010, 01:11
Poland, Poznań
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice couple from Poland lookin for room to rent in Montauk

I have one questions: how long the bus from montauk goes to amagensett? If You know please write:) because my employer in form wrote, that students who worked for him in last summer lived in Montauk.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,438 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice couple from Poland lookin for room to rent in Montauk

There is a bus between Amagansett & Montauk but it doesn't run very often. It takes about 25 minutes to get from one to the other. It's the 10C bus. Here's the schedule

http://www.sct-bus.org/schedules/10c.pdf

Fare is $1.50 each way

I'd be very worried if I were you. How did you find this job? What's the name of the place? What happens if the job isn't for real? There are hundreds if not thousands of Irish students that come every year to work in Montauk. They speak better English than you and they're having a hard time finding places to stay.

Poland, Poznań
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice couple from Poland lookin for room to rent in Montauk

I am not worried, because I spoke with my employer. He wants only students from Poland and we have a contract with him. We want only find some place to live in Amagansett or near Amagansett. Do You know any cheap motel? Where we must looking for to find something inexpensive??? I was looking for in local newspapers, but I don't find anything interesting.

Edited: 10 May 2010, 04:30
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,438 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice couple from Poland lookin for room to rent in Montauk

If your employer were so great, he'd help you find accomodation. You can try contacting the East Hampton Chamber of Commerce and see if they list people who have rooms to rent in their homes or a guest cottage. I don't know what you're being paid, but it likely won't cover the cost of a place to stay. Your other option is to run an ad in one of the local papers.

easthamptonstar.com

easthamptonpress.com