We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night at NF

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1 night at NF

Hi all,

I have currently penciled in flights from Boston to Buffalo on 09/01/2019 (08:55-10:25) and then Buffalo to Chicago on 10/01/2019 (19:06 - 20:03).

Essentially this allows almost two full days at NF (one night).

Does this look reasonable? I figure this will allow us to do NF and hopefully have time to do Maid of Mist based on which day will be best weather wise (which may be a concern then!).

Are there hotels within walking distance of NF on the US side?

Thanks in advance :)

Cheers

Best Seller
Niagara Falls Canadian Side Tour and...
1,019 Reviews
from US$109.95*
Best Seller
Niagara Falls in One Day: Deluxe...
1,059 Reviews
from US$149.95*
Best Seller
Niagara Falls Boat Tour: Voyage to...
659 Reviews
from US$27.38*
3 replies to this topic
Philly Suburbs
Level Contributor
633 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 night at NF

You mean 09 January? No, Maid of the Mist will not be running. The river is likely to be frozen over. There are few hotels on the US side near the Falls. Any hotel with a view of the Falls is on the Canadian side. I would also plan to be flexible due to weather delays at this time of year (the heart of winter).

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 night at NF

Yes, sorry I should have written it with the date format in your part of the world :)

I was pretty sure that MOM would be closed at that time but I didn't know if it was a blanket closure - I'm only just starting my research.

Considering MOM will not be operating, will it be better to stay on the Canadian side to get the views or with it being just the one night, will the US side be fine?

We have flexibility on either side of these dates for weather related delays so we should be fine with flight delays - if you mean the weather won't let us get out and see the falls, it will be disappointing but not much we can do!

Thanks

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,946 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 night at NF

Very little to do on the U.S. side during the winter. Plenty on the Canadian side, but that is a different forum: https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g154998…

Reply to: 1 night at NF
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted