We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most scenic route Binghamton to Watkins Glen,and.....

Maastricht, The...
Destination Expert
for Maastricht
Level Contributor
735 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Most scenic route Binghamton to Watkins Glen,and.....

Hi,

I posted the same topic in the Binghamton forum, but had no answer sofar:

in September we will be staying in the Binghamton area. We were looking for the most scenic route from Binghamton to Watkins Glen to Ithaca and go up the 89N towards Syracuse, where we probably will spend the night (maybe 2).

Any recommendations on scenic routes/sights/must sees would be appreciated aswell.

Thank you for your help!!

Maastricht, The...
Destination Expert
for Maastricht
Level Contributor
735 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Most scenic route Binghamton to Watkins Glen,and.....

So walking to the upper entrance--> Gorge Trail and Indian trail back down to the Lower is the best in your opinion?

Hahaha, maybe the Overlook is here:

http://goo.gl/maps/mXSGE

Lodi, New York
Level Contributor
733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Most scenic route Binghamton to Watkins Glen,and.....

Yes, I would take the Indian Trail back unless you want to get photos in different light, or perhaps want a second "shot" at certain features. Once the park gets busy, it's hard to get photos without people in them.

Here's the overlook at Taughannock: https://goo.gl/maps/fnaZU

Edited: 05 March 2014, 02:41
Lodi, New York
Level Contributor
733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Most scenic route Binghamton to Watkins Glen,and.....

Oh, and the confusion about the location of the overlook at Taughannock was my fault. The first location that you linked was actually the campgrounds, and the second was the administrative headquarters...I'm just not used to looking at the park from that angle! ;-)

Maastricht, The...
Destination Expert
for Maastricht
Level Contributor
735 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Most scenic route Binghamton to Watkins Glen,and.....

Never mind the confusion,flmillcreek. I'm glad you helped us finding the Overlook. Probably we wouldn't have found it ourselves.

I always use Google Maps/Street View and the help of locals here on TA for making our entire roadtrip. Each year, for 6 years now, we make a 4 week roadtrip in a different part of the US, and we are always amazed by the great help we always get her on TA.

So, thank you very much for your time and helping us making our roadtrip an unforgettable one!

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
8,222 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Most scenic route Binghamton to Watkins Glen,and.....

I'll be interested in hearing your assessment of the Finger Lakes relative to other places you've been in the US.

16. Re: Most scenic route Binghamton to Watkins Glen,and.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 14:27
Get answers to your questions about Watkins Glen