We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi at the Base of Masada and Ein Gedi

Thornhill, Canada
9 posts
Save Topic
Taxi at the Base of Masada and Ein Gedi

I plan to stay at the Isroptel at Ein Bokek.

Question, If I have no car rental, are taxis readily availalbe if I want to tour the area. For example If I go to Masada and want to retrun are taxis easily availalbe.

Mentioned in this post
Ein Bokek
Ein Bokek
Dead Sea Region, Israel
The Masada Hostel
The Masada Hostel
228 Reviews
Ein Bokek, Israel
USA
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi at the Base of Masada and Ein Gedi

I think your hotel could arrange this. I know the Ein Gedi kibbutz hotel said they could arrange a taxi. (We did not need this since we had a car, but i overheard them discuss this with another guest). You won't find taxis just roaming around looking for fares down there -- as you would in a city -- so you will want to make arrangements.

Mentioned in this post
Ein Gedi
Ein Gedi
Dead Sea Region, Israel
Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,195 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi at the Base of Masada and Ein Gedi

I will just add to that helpful response -- you definitely need to arrange a taxi. While these are major tourist sites, they are in a barren and isolated desert area. Taxis don't just roam around.

The best way is to have a rental car or a driving guide, but check with where you are staying about how easily they can arrange taxi transport for you.

Douglas Duckett

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,119 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi at the Base of Masada and Ein Gedi

There is a taxi station at Ein Bokek so you should have no problems with finding a taxi. As the hotel conceirge for more information.

Chana

Israel

Mentioned in this post
Ein Bokek
Ein Bokek
Dead Sea Region, Israel
Israel
Israel
Middle East
4. Re: Taxi at the Base of Masada and Ein Gedi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2011, 16:36