We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Israel

Newyork
Level Contributor
33 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Israel

We are traveling with my daughters ages 18 and 15. Should we stay in the Ein Bokek area or Ein Gedi area to enjoy the Dead Sea and surrounding area? Can we do the sunrise Masada climb if we stay in Ein Bokek?

Newyork
Level Contributor
33 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First time to Israel

I like your suggestion. You are right, I don't want to risk taking an overcrowded bus with a tired family. I will probably look to get a car and driver rather than attempt renting and driving ourselves.

Newyork
Level Contributor
33 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First time to Israel

What we have planned is to stay in Tel Aviv for the first five nights. Around that time we will go to Galilee and Haifa but come to Tel Aviv to spend the night. Then we move to Jerusalem where we spend a whole day and a night. Also cover a little bit more of Jerusalem the next morning and then head towards EIn Bokek and the Dead Sea. Hopefully if the weather helps, we can hike up to Masada and then head out towards Eilat. Does that make sense? I know its hectic but there is so much to see and such little time.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,535 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First time to Israel

If you use Tel Aviv as a base, it is fine for touring Haifa and Acre which you can get to easily by train. It is not the most convenient for seeing the Galilee as you will end up spending a lot of time "commuting" back and forth. It would be better for you to spend at least one night up north.

You are still leaving very little time for Jerusalem - in essence, barely one day total - when there is so much to see in Jerusalem.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,570 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: First time to Israel

Driving in Israel is easy. If you want to get a car and driver to get to Eilat be aware that is going to be expensive. You may be staying in Eilat, but the driver has to make his way back up north. It would also be a good idea to try and find someone now. You will be in Israel during a very busy time and not every cabbie is willing to make that trip.

15. Re: First time to Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2011, 12:19