We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping near Woodstock,NY

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Camping near Woodstock,NY

I will be traveling in a 24' RV, and meeting some friends in Woodstock NY. They are staying in one of the local B&B there in Woodstock, but as we love our RV and don't have the extras stash for a B&B wanted to know if anyone had a campsite recommendation close to the city.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Woodstock
Woodstock
Catskill Region, NY
Woodstock
Woodstock
Vermont
2 replies to this topic
hudson valley
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping near Woodstock,NY

There are several options near, but not in, Woodstock. Kenneth Wilson State park, just a few miles west of Woodstock, is fairly inexpensive but probably doesn't have anything beyond a site with parking for an RV. If you want free with no facilities, there's a Walmart in Kingston, about 8 miles SE of Woodstock..

There are commercial campgrounds in Phoenicia (about 12 to 15 miles west) and Saugerties (about 8 miles NE, and right off the NY Thruway). In Phoenicia you'll find Sleepy Hollow and Black Bear campgrounds. In Saugerties there's Rip Van Winkle Campground and the Woodstock-Saugerties KOA.

24' isn't especially long, but I'd prefer to avoid driving into Woodstock proper with anything that's much wider than a full size van. Woodstock can get very crowded with cars and pedestrians, some of whom have the street awareness of a squirrel.

Mentioned in this post
Woodstock
Woodstock
Vermont
Kingston
Kingston
Ontario, Canada
Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping near Woodstock,NY

Thanks Steve, Kenneth Wilson it will be, and if full glad to have a Wal-mart close if needed. I love your squirrel analogy...but it's not just in Woodstock! Lol

Thanks, can't wait for our trip to see the fall foilage.

Jill

Mentioned in this post
Woodstock
Woodstock
Vermont
Reply to: Camping near Woodstock,NY
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Woodstock