We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It's all about the music.......

Hamilton, Ontario...
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
It's all about the music.......

We were thinking of driving down this spring or summer and spending a few days in the area at an Inn or B&B. What I was wondering is, are there any tours in the Woodstock/Bethel/Saugerties area based solely on the music scene that started so many years ago? What I am looking for would include the original concert site, Big Pink, Levon Helms Studio's (The Barn), Bethel Woods, the museums etc... Any help would be appreciated. We would be coming in from southern Ontario

8 replies to this topic
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,715 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: It's all about the music.......

You do know that the concert was not held at Woodstock, but at Bethel, NY which is about 70 miles from Woodstock? And why Saugerties?

Hamilton, Ontario...
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: It's all about the music.......

Hi, I did realize the site was Bethel, but having never been to the area, I assumed the towns were in closer proximity. The Woodstock reference was more for the Levon Helm/Big Pink thing, Saugerties for Woodstock 2 or 3 or 7..........

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,715 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: It's all about the music.......

I have no idea what you mean about "Saugerties for Woodstock 2 or 3 or 7..." Or the Levon Helm/Big Pink reference. I am from the Woodstock generation but it wasn't my music at all.

Hamilton, Ontario...
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: It's all about the music.......

Nevermind

usa
Level Contributor
107 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: It's all about the music.......

At the site of the original Woodstock concert (which, as mentioned, is a little distance from the town of Woodstock) is a concert venue/museum. The museum is very worthwhile. It covers the politics of the day, the fashion, the music, etc.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
22 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: It's all about the music.......

I'm glad many of you knew the Woodstock festival was in Bethel. We just came through last week and found out too late. Wish that Bethel would be more publicized. Would like to have gone there.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,715 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: It's all about the music.......

Just do a little research on the internet. It is all there.

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
8,555 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: It's all about the music.......

Not much to Bethel other than the relatively new performing arts center. There are better destinations in that part of the state so IMO you didn't miss much unless you intended to see whatever was on tap at the performing arts center.

Reply to: It's all about the music.......
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Woodstock