We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dogs in Woodstock

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
26 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Dogs in Woodstock

We are staying for 2 nights in June and have rented a house that allows dogs. We have to 2 small dogs, an 11 year old pug and a 3 year old shitzu mix.

We plan on taking them for short walks, not really hiking because my pug is older.

Is Woodstock dog friendly? Is there anywhere I shouldn't take them, outside of food establishments?

Thanks,

4 replies to this topic
Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dogs in Woodstock

Curious about this as well as we might be going in Sept with our dogs.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dogs in Woodstock

Following, since we are planning at trip there in August with our dog.

I have heard that dogs are allowed in the swimming holes in Woodstock and Phoenicia, but don't have details on specific ones.

Mentioned in this post
Phoenicia
Phoenicia
Catskill Region, NY
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dogs in Woodstock

I was in woodstock today and saw dogs in the Mills stream watering hole. There is also a mills stream watering hole facebook page (just google it) and you will see pic of people with their dogs there. So I'm pretty sure dogs are officially allowed. Also walking through the town, I see alot of restaurants have out door seating so im assuming dogs can sit with owners outside.

Woodstock, New York
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Dogs in Woodstock

Woodstock is pretty dog friendly as long as your dogs are leashed and you pick up after them. The best places to walk dogs are the comeau property at the town offices, the little deep swimming hole (ask around), and the thorn preserve on john joy road. I would not bring dogs into shops or restaurants, but restaurants with outside seating might be more tolerant. Many people bring dogs to swimming holes, and most of the time there's no problems, but frequently dogs will be unleashed at swimming holes, so if your dog is aggressive with others, be prepared.

Reply to: Dogs in Woodstock
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Woodstock