We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferries, horses, Cape Lookout

1 post
2 reviews
Ferries, horses, Cape Lookout

Hi!

We're headed to EI next week with extended family. I've been to Shackleford with my kids before, and while we enjoyed the shelling, had no luck finding the wild ponies, and I think the rough terrain might be too much for my younger nieces and nephews.

What's the best ferry to take to Cape Lookout? Is there a "scenic" one that might take you past the ponies? Or a chance to see some dolphins?

Thanks!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,087 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Ferries, horses, Cape Lookout

Here's a link to the ferry schedule:

nps.gov/calo/planyourvisit/ferry-schedule.htm

Sorry, but nature can be unpredictable. Sometimes dolphin follow boats, but there's no guarantee.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
2. Re: Ferries, horses, Cape Lookout

Lookout Adventure is a great one too

3. Re: Ferries, horses, Cape Lookout

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2016, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Emerald Isle