We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rumbling Bald

Raleigh NC
1 post
Save Topic
Rumbling Bald

Have seen Rumbling Bald's web site - considering a vacation with the family (including childred 10 and younger). Would be interested in feedback from recent summer trips - how were the accomodations? was the lake appealing for a swim? Appears from the web site the place is a compilation of condos and single family homes - is this a resort-like atmosphere?

Any feedback is appreciated!

Western North...
Level Contributor
407 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rumbling Bald

I will address your swimming question.

I appears Rumbling Bald has added sand to make a beach so I would say that the beach area would be appealing for a swim. Now this may be just me, but I find the water cold, but it is easy to acclimate. It is perfect for things like kayaking, boating, being pulled in a tube......floating on a raft....

A LOT of people swim in the lake at the various "beaches."

Rumbling Bald is far from the center of town, I would say it is about 15 miles of twisty, sometimes slow going, but very pretty road past center of town ..... it is on the northern most point of the lakes longest and widest finger. But if you plan to stay in one place and not sight see everyday, then it would be a great spot with lots of things to do on the property.

2. Re: Rumbling Bald

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Lake Lure