We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting boats?

MD
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Renting boats?

My family will be visiting Lake Lure in August and will be staying at Fairfield Mountain. Can you rent boats for the day for waterskiing ? How expensive is it? I have a 11 year old and a 15 year oild and I am little worried that they will be bored. Where is the new lazy river that I am hearing about?

Thanks!

Cary, NC
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting boats?

Hi-

I have organized two trips to Lake Lure over the last two years and it has not gone very well with the boats. This last time, the rental pontoon that came with the cabin was stopped every day for safety checks and random breathalizers......some of the families felt as though the locals were not very welcoming of rentals and then upon further research there has been some recent proposals to not allow rental properties on the lake.

Although I think it is a pretty area, our group has plans to try some new areas in the mountains among them being Cashiers, NC.

Lake Lure has been a big disappointment and I hope you did not get a ticket on the Lake like one family who was with us since their daughter's friend took off her life vest and the parents were forced to take breathalizers in front of the kids which made the kids cry....of course, they passed the breathalizer since they had not been drinking, but it really leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

BTW, all of the other families who were with us OWN boats and indicated that they had never felt more harassed in their lives and would never go back.....and these families know their boating rules and etiquette and are weekend boaters in Raleigh and Wilmington.

Good luck!

2. Re: Renting boats?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Lake Lure