We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Vibe festival

Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Island Vibe festival

We were thinking of visiting North Stradbroke on Oct 30. But I realized there is a Island Vibe Festival from Oct 28-30. I would really prefer it to have been a quieter visit. Would the island be swamped with people, or would the festival be concentrated in one small area of the island? I also worried bcos its a ticketed event that some areas will be inaccessible to us.

Does anybody have any experience visiting the island during the festival? I would really appreciate your help. Thank you!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Island Vibe festival

Yes you can purchase tickets on site. Now I don't want to be a party pooper but have you checked with the rental car company about taking it on the car ferry? Check your insurance.

6 or 7 hrs is plenty of time for a day trip.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,133 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Island Vibe festival

yes Surfoz raises a good point. Rentals are not usually covered for carriage over water but many do it and the chance of mishap is extremely unlikely. Otherwise you could catch the water taxi or standard paggenger ferries and then the island bus, although the Vehicular ferries take walk-ons as well.

also when driving up from the GC take the Bryants rd exit at Loganholme. This will take you the back way to Cleveland - far more scenic and you will also miss a large portion of the peak hour traffic this way.

Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Island Vibe festival

Thanks for the tip on the exit for Cleveland! We'll definitely do tat. I've emailed the rental co no reply yet. Although on the site I can't anything other than they dun allows cars to be driven to Fraser island. We might take our chances or jus take the water taxis. There is secure parking at the terminal I read, is this correct? Any idea how much tat would cost?

On the booking form for ferry, when they say vehicle registration no. Is it safe to assume it means the licence plate no?

14. Re: Island Vibe festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2016, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about North Stradbroke Island