We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Morganton, North...
Level Contributor
10 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Need suggestions on where to stay or not to stay.Hotel,Condo,Beach house.Must be pet friendly also.Thanks

Sea Vista Motel
Sea Vista Motel
#1 of 2 hotels in Topsail Beach
Jolly Roger Inn & Pier
Jolly Roger Inn & Pier
#2 of 2 hotels in Topsail Beach
Breezeway Motel
Breezeway Motel
#1 of 2 hotels in Holly Ridge
Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

There are many places - hotel, condos and beach houses - on Topsail Island that are pet friendly. What else are you looking for? Do you have a preference of which town you want to stay in - North Topsail Beach, Surf City or Topsail Beach?

With a bit more information it will be easier to steer you in the right direction. Thanks :)

Mentioned in this post
Topsail Island
Topsail Island
948 Reviews
Topsail Island, NC
North Topsail Beach
North Topsail Beach
Topsail Island, NC
Surf City
Surf City
Topsail Island, NC
Topsail Beach
Topsail Beach
Topsail Island, NC
Morganton, North...
Level Contributor
10 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

NO preference really. I have been told to check out the Sea Vista Motel in Topsail. As for things to do,I figure we could always go to Wilmington,etc. If we wanted to get into the crowds.

Mentioned in this post
Sea Vista Motel
Sea Vista Motel
155 Reviews
Topsail Island, NC
Topsail Island
Topsail Island
North Carolina Coast, NC
Wilmington
Wilmington
North Carolina Coast, NC
Morganton, North...
Level Contributor
10 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

I have also been told to look into Surf City. Will be with my wife and mother in law,so they mainly like to shop and I like to fish. They both love places that seem down home and comfy.. I like the ability to go places and get into crowds,etc,but then go back to the place we are staying and unwind.I plan on staying 4-5 days which I see most places require 7 days which I can't due because of my other responsibilities.I may have a hard time finding a beach house/condo that will do it for less nights.Let me know if you have any recommendations.

Mentioned in this post
Surf City
Surf City
Topsail Island, NC
In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

From what you describe I think staying in Surf City, with in walking distance to the pier and cute little shops to browse in, and nice local restaurants for the women. Topsail also has a fishing pier, The Jolly Roger with a hotel right next to it, but I have never stayed there, so I have no idea what it's like. Not as many shops in Topsail.

Maybe if you are coming at a time that is not busy you can ask about a 5 day rental.

Good Luck!

Mentioned in this post
Surf City
Surf City
Topsail Island, NC
Topsail Island
Topsail Island
North Carolina Coast, NC
5. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 04:19
Get answers to your questions about Topsail Beach