We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trees/vegetation/greenery?

Ohio
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trees/vegetation/greenery?

Hi,

We're looking at visiting the area this summer. We usually go to Sanibel/Captiva but we are looking for something closer (we're in Ohio). In looking at the photos of Topsail, I noticed there are hardly any trees or greenery. I know that compared to Sanibel and Captiva there will be less greenery, but in the pics of Topsail I see almost zero. Am I just looking at the wrong pics? Or is it due a hurricane or something? The beaches look beautiful and it sound like a wonderful place.

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Captiva Island
Captiva Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Ohio
Ohio
United States
Topsail Island
Topsail Island
North Carolina Coast, NC
Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trees/vegetation/greenery?

There is quite a bit of greenery and trees on the island, especially in Topsail Beach.

The oceanfront lots might be lacking a bit and some places might be sparser than others but rest assured there are trees and greenery.

Mentioned in this post
Topsail Beach
Topsail Beach
Topsail Island, NC
In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trees/vegetation/greenery?

I love to look at all of the different vegetation around the island because it is so different from what is around here! Many area condo's and private homes have beautiful landscaped lawns. The marsh area also offers many selections of flora and fauna.

If you go to some of the town parks you can see a lot more of the native plants.

Have a good trip!

3. Re: Trees/vegetation/greenery?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 22:19
Get answers to your questions about Topsail Beach