We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riptide on N Topsail

Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Riptide on N Topsail

Hi! we have stayed on Topsail many times, but never on the far north end. We found a vacation house we like very much but the woman at the rental company said she would no recommend staying at the far north end with anyone who is interested in going in the water, definitely no kids. This house is on the far north - actually the tip of the island. I was wondering if anyone had any firsthand accounts of staying there and what the ocean conditions really are like.

Thanks

stay: Aug 31-Sept 7, 2013

In the Country, NY
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
63 reviews
1. Re: Riptide on N Topsail

At the very tip of the island is the inlet, and yes the water can be vey dangerous. I've walked that area a lot, and you can see where the currents and rough water is. There's usually fishermen in this area, so you wouldn't want to swim there anyway. There are houses on the beach up there, and I would not hesitate to stay in any of them. The beach is wide and beautiful. If you want to pm me the address I will be up that way in May, and I'll check out the actual house if you'd like!

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Riptide on N Topsail

Like Djad said, the inlet is dangerous. Do not swim in the inlet.

You can, however, walk down at least 50 yards from the inlet and be in very nice water. I would venture to guess that if you are looking at a place on the beachfront toward the tip of the island, you're talking about a rental in the Beach Club area (house numbers are in the 2300s).. I wouldn't have a problem renting there and swimming out front at all.

Riptides can occur anywhere along the shoreline and if you are unfamiliar with the signs to look out for, check out this page on the town's website http://www.ntbnc.org/Pages/PlayingHere.aspx It has lots of info about the beach and the riptide link is the last one in the left hand column.

3. Re: Riptide on N Topsail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2014, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Topsail Beach