We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Sunny Beach. Questions!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
430 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
New to Sunny Beach. Questions!

We are looking at going to Sunny Beach could some never been could anyone recommend good self ccatering apartments must be close to restaurants supermarket we always eat out in the evening and maybe a few breakfasts. What are prices like for starter main course and a drink?Is alcohol reasonably priced.Any other help or advice would be much appreciated. Thankyou .

41 replies to this topic
Burgas, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
911 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New to Sunny Beach. Questions!

Have sent you a message

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New to Sunny Beach. Questions!

Sunnybeach is the cheapest resort anywhere in Europe.

Simple rule of thumb, all prices for food and drink in Bulgaria will be about half, sometimes even less than anywhere else in Europe e.g. the 1 Lev (45p) pint exists but best to pay a little more, about 90p, for a quality beer

Hundreds of accommodation options available

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
430 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New to Sunny Beach. Questions!

Thankyou avtech57 can you recommend any good apartments close to restaurants /shops we like the look of hotel blue bay and sunny victory any opinions ?

Edited: 31 March 2018, 01:08
Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New to Sunny Beach. Questions!

Hi Maureen,

I am a firm advocate for All Inclusive (even in super cheap Sunnybeach) so cant recommend apartments, but I'm sure others will be along shortly with long lists of suggestions.

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,913 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New to Sunny Beach. Questions!

Sunny Beach is a massive resort area now and you will never be far from bars and restaurants. Good reviews on both Blue Bay and SV. Personally I would prefer the Blue Bay, more or less on the beach in a nice area. SV is the far side of the main road that runs through the resort.

Staffs
Destination Expert
for Bulgaria, Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
4,525 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New to Sunny Beach. Questions!

I fully respect avtech57`s opinion about going AI. However I don`t think it`s always the best opp.

There's no right answer to this - it depends on your circumstances.

When you stay at an AI hotel, you're just paying upfront for all your food and booze. If you plan on being away from the hotel most of the time, to go sightseeing for example , or do excursions then paying for AI may not be the best suggestion.

If you like to try local restaurants then AI might not be a good fit for you. Remember it`s so cheap to eat out in Sunny Beach.

An AI is worthwhile if you plan on drinking like a fish and overeating. If this is your thing then AI could be a great choice. I`m not saying everyone goes for that purpose - far from it.

If you have kids then an AI might end up being cheaper for you. It will almost certainly be more convenient as you can simply point junior in the direction of the grub rather than having to pack up the whole family 3 times a day to go in search of food.

Another advantage of AI are you know exactly how much your holiday is going to cost.

However, if you are on a tight budget, I would advise that you skip the AI and go for a cheaper hotel. It can work out cheaper. Going SC can work out much better budget wise - Breakie can cost pennies if you buy some bread and eggs.

Personally I would avoid AI. However, if you have a few juniors in tow, it can save a lot of messing about.

That`s my take, but I respect everyone`s else`s opinion.

Best,

Paul

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New to Sunny Beach. Questions!

Paul,

I only mentioned AI in the reply above to explain to Maureen that I am not the person to answer her question about apartments as I have no experience of SC in Sunnybeach.

Maureen,

I am surprised that you have not been inundated with info from those who go to apartments all the time.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
2,912 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New to Sunny Beach. Questions!

Hi Maureen. I’m gonna go ahead and recommend Royal Sun apartments. We had a few niggles and I left a long review but the niggles I had were probably due to the fact that I’ve stayed much closer to the beach before (not that royal sun is an age away) but I know what I prefer. Royal sun is a large, safe complex, all of the apartments are clean enough (we stayed b&b and the breakfast was lovely). It’s on the main road at the south side of the resort (Nessebar side) and has bus stops to everywhere just outside. You have a supermarket on site. 5 min to shops and restaurants over the road and the beach and about 20 mins to centre). You can walk 5 min to the little train that will get you to the centre quicker if you wish. The apartments are available in a package deal with Balkan and Tui and also separate with booking.com. Depending on what your after, check out Fenix that we have booked for this year, self catering studio apartment. The reason I wouldn’t usually recommend this for newcomers is because I know it’s not top of the list, all round awesome hotel however having knowing the resort we have booked this purely on price and location. It clean and adequate so that will do us, in the beach,10 min to centre with a supermarket, shops and restaurants on your door step. I can’t recommend our other hotels because they no longer accept British people. I would suggest you check out a map of the resort that shows accomodation (flower street is in the middle) and determine where you would like to be, pick out a list of accomodation and come back and ask about specific ones. Quite a lot of the apartments are set away from the beach over the road however you can stay on a sc basis at a lot of hotels closer to the beach. Local alcohol is very cheap, you will pay more for imported. Food is also cheap. Depends what you eat we don’t normally go for a 3 course meal but pizza in a restaurant is usually 6-8 lev, chicken meals 12-15 lev, sides like the awesome potatoes with bacon and cheese usually 4-5 lev etc etc. Don’t eat high end stuff like steak and lobster so no clue what that costs but everything is sold by weight

Ipswich
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,835 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New to Sunny Beach. Questions!

Hi Maureen take a look at Royal Sun or Bravo 5 apartments. Barcelo also have sc Apts. It can also work out cheap to go b&b, Trakia Gardens is a fab option or have a look at the Fenix Hotel.

Level Contributor
703 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New to Sunny Beach. Questions!

Hi Maureen.How many is traveling in your party??

Tigerti

Reply to: New to Sunny Beach. Questions!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach