We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
436 posts
33 reviews
Drinks?

Hi are we better to buy a bottle of whiskey and gin before we arrive or buy it in resort for the room enjoy a drink before we go out ?

10 replies to this topic
Ipswich
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,838 posts
165 reviews
1. Re: Drinks?

If you are happy with the local stuff wait until you arrive as dirt cheap in supermarkets. If not I suggest u buy it at the airport as u can probably pick up a good deal as prices for imported stuff is the same as over here if not more expensive.

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Drinks?

Local brands Flirt vodka and Savoy for gin, rum are excellent, and the whiskys and whiskeys are decent blends.

Try the local golden rums they are very good indeed.

All available from the nearest shops to your hotel, but as mandmit says if you MUST have your known brand you will have to pay a similar or higher price to home

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
436 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Drinks?

Thankyou most helpful. I'll give the local stuff a go.l normally drink Morgan's Spice but lately have taken a liken to gin but my husband will be happy to hear the local whiskey is good.

Edited: 08 April 2018, 18:06
Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Drinks?

If you are in to flavoured vodkas, the Flirt green apple is superb, better than any of the more famous brands versions.

Hoping this year we will find some flavoured gins, but their growth seems to be more a UK phenomenon.

Edited: 08 April 2018, 18:11
Pevensey, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: Drinks?

Savoy gin is very good. I prefer it to a lot of brands we get in the UK. Always bring a bottle home with me.

Belfast
Level Contributor
63 posts
62 reviews
6. Re: Drinks?

Hey Folks, we are heading over in July and my sister wants me to pick her up some Gin and perfume as she thinks it will be cheaper than UK. She'll probably want a named brand gin like Gordon's and not Fake perfume. What's your experience? Is it cheaper to buy on the way home at the airport?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
6,691 posts
127 reviews
7. Re: Drinks?

Hello belfast girl , real perfume if you can get it in resort will be more expensive than the uk at discount outlets , same goes for airport shops.

Atb steve

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
6,691 posts
127 reviews
8. Re: Drinks?

Ps , woul'nt think either that there will be that much of a saving if any on the gin.

As the posts above flirt and savoy are both good gins .

Atb steve

Ipswich
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,838 posts
165 reviews
9. Re: Drinks?

Definitely cheaper in the UK for genuine perfume.

Edited: 10 April 2018, 00:32
Belfast
Level Contributor
63 posts
62 reviews
10. Re: Drinks?

Thanks folks.

Reply to: Drinks?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach
Recent Conversations