We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

back from our 1st visit

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
5 reviews
back from our 1st visit

we got back early Tues morning from our 1st trip to Sunny Beach & I have to say I really enjoyed it!

We stayed at Hotel Glarus & I couldnt fault it (except maybe the buffet breakfast lol) - fantastic location, really clean & lovely staff! pretty much same as we found in most of the bars & restaurants!

I was there with my young toddler, he had plenty to do & I felt perfectly safe with him! & best of all we didn't spend a fortune!

1st but definitely not last trip :)

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
8,175 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: back from our 1st visit

So glad to hear you had a good time and best of all you may well have got the Bulgarian bug.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
135 reviews
2. Re: back from our 1st visit

nice one craftynick , great positive feedback, some fantastic value to be had in sunny beach.

atb steve

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: back from our 1st visit

it was much better than I expected, ive been recommending it to everyone :)

& for us, May was the perfect time as the beaches & pool were quiet. my son has autism so lack of crowds were perfect, for both of us!

the only downside was the silly time of the flights, but we wi definitely be back!

thanks for all the fab advice to help along the way

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
354 posts
48 reviews
4. Re: back from our 1st visit

hi so glad you enjoyed your stay and the glarus hotel.It is my personal favourite in sb and has been since my 1st stay in glarus in 1994. I also wish breakfast buffet was better but its about the same in most hotels in sb. Its nice you had a positive experience on your 1st visit and hopefully you will be back again mama carol

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
650 posts
35 reviews
5. Re: back from our 1st visit

Thats great you enjoyed it.....what was your fav place? I know you have recommended Hawaii and its top of my list to try in July......have you ever considered flying from Dublin with Aer Lingus and then booking your own hotel?? Flight out is 3pm and home leaving Bourgas at around 9pm........i know you then have to get back to belfast but we've been doing that for a few years and has been great......plus if you book flights when they are released its much cheaper......

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: back from our 1st visit

babsNorthernIreland - I actually looked at flights from Dublin today but the only ones I could find were crazy prices! who are you flyinhlg with?

I would actually like to go back in September if I could find a good price :)

ill admit we didnt travel probably further than 10minutes further either side of the Glarus, but the aim of this holiday was relax, relax, relax lol

id like to actually see a bit more of it next time!

but yeah Hawaii & Colonel steakhouse were our faves/became our locals due to the beach location, lovely food & friendly staff :)

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
650 posts
35 reviews
7. Re: back from our 1st visit

Aer lingus but we booked last October as soon as the summer flights released..... That's the trick to get them cheap €200 each plus the extra for 1 bag checked between us.... Yes the flights now are shocking price as I was looking for my son and girlfriend bro see last minute if they could come with us in July but the prices were almost €500 each so that's not happening...... Summer flights usually out in October........ We plan to do nothing more than sunbathe , eat and drink!!!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: back from our 1st visit

ah ok perfect, thanks Ill def check in October for next summer :)

we had a crappy year so I just wanted to chill by the pool & beach, drink lots lol & have fun with my son! & that is exactly what we did!

i miss my hourly cheap cocktails now im back home lol

uk
1 post
9. Re: back from our 1st visit

Hello...

How was the weather whilst youy was out there? We have just booked for our first visit next End of may - beginning of June.

Thank you

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
8,175 posts
45 reviews
10. Re: back from our 1st visit

Here is the actual temps for June this year.

accuweather.com/en/…

Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach
Recent Conversations