We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glarus hotel

Leigh, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
35 reviews
Glarus hotel

Hi.booked our holiday today for bulgaria 2016 in august. We are staying at the glarus hotel. Just wondering if anyone has stayed here and who does it cater for. Is it all nationatly or is it for germans/Russians thanks

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,960 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Glarus hotel

The Glarus has good reviews and is popular with Brits, but do expect numerous other nationalities. Brits are the minority in Bulgaria. Location right opposite the beach, a popular recommended restaurant, the Hawaii is directly opposite.

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
354 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: Glarus hotel

hi I have stayed at the glarus many times and for me its the best hotel in sb. The rooms in the main building are large and modern. The pool is large and the reception is beautifull though many brits say the staff are unhelpful and seem to favour germans and eastern Europeans I personally have never had a problem.The outside bar run by Elisabeth and yourdan is a lovely place to relax and the cocktails are execellent. I would recommend to go b&b as the food is more continental than British but I have always found the breakfast to be adequate.Last year we had the whole month of august there and this year just 2 weeks so it cant be too bad.The glarus was the 1st hotel I stayed in my 1st time in s&b in 1993.I would advise you to request a room in the main building at the front on the 5th or 6th floor they are the best rooms with great views over the resort and great for sitting on the balcony people watching .The glarus is in my favourite part of the resort with lots of restaurants around and a short walk to the centre im sure you wont be disappointed mama carol

Leigh, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
35 reviews
3. Re: Glarus hotel

Thank you very much for the good review. We went to sunny beach in august it was our 1st time there and loved it. Got a good deal this time so couldnt refuse it. 1st time aswell that we are staying on a beach front hotel so really looking forward to it. Just hope we get a front view and not the back.

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
354 posts
48 reviews
4. Re: Glarus hotel

hi im sure if you let them know your preferences in plenty of time they will oblige.Many people don't like the rooms on the front because the karaoke across the road sometimes goes on till the early hours but in the higher rooms its not much of a problem and the views and watching the antics of some holiday makers makes up for a bit of noise.Once the balcony door is shut its not bad at all.I cant wait to get back in june im sure you will love the glarus mama carol

Leigh, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
35 reviews
5. Re: Glarus hotel

Brilliant thank you very much.

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
354 posts
48 reviews
6. Re: Glarus hotel

ok youre welcome anything else you want to know about glarus just let me know mama carol

Leigh, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
35 reviews
7. Re: Glarus hotel

There is one other thing I'm wondering. Do they have loungers on the beach part of the hotel. Thanks

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
354 posts
48 reviews
8. Re: Glarus hotel

hi no they don't its a public part of the beach so you will have to pay for the loungers and parasol and I think its expensive unless you are a real beach lover. Although there are plenty of loungers round the pool ,in august it will be busy and most of the guests will be reserving loungers with towels as usual. mama carol

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Glarus hotel

I stayed at the glarus in may & loved it! would highly recommend it!

was so clean & the staff were fab & you couldnt ask for closer to the beach!

food was ok but then I found that quite a common thing there

im looking at booking there next year again (& im irish not russian lol)

Leigh, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
35 reviews
10. Re: Glarus hotel

We was paying around 24lev a day for loungers and umberella on the beach as we only stopped in a little apartment and there was no room or loungers left, that really annoys me that, people who reserve beds with their towels and they dont use them see them not being used all day, we fly on the 8th august for 2 week,

Thank you for the info

Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach
Recent Conversations