We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transport in Golden Sands

Cheshire, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Public Transport in Golden Sands

We shall be in Golden Sands in just under 2 weeks (can't wait) and looking forward to spending a day in Varna. What public transport is available bus/train? Thanks

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Transport in Golden Sands

you can get a bus for a couple of lev thear was a tourst bus costs about 20lev per person its a open top bus gose around the sites but you can get off when ever you want and get back on the next one you can do this all day with the 24 hour ticket i have done this for the children they like it get off at varna mall get back on get off at the market walk across the town center get back on and back to golden sands but most times i just take a taxi 50 lev return for three of ues i get droped at varn mall and arrange to be picked up 4 /5 hours later at McDs in varna center the bus is a lot cheaper but is a slow thing if you do get a taxi agree a price first dont just take any taxi that pulls up beside you on the road their should be some that work your hotel they will be there day after day so you will know who they are they pay the hotel to work the spot so it would reflect bad on the hotel if they were bad i always look for one that speaks english

+ i will be in golden sands on the 8th and will be going to varna more than once you can spend all day just walking in the sea front park i watch BMX comp one year youy will want to see the church in the center and every thing is much cheaper in varna McDs is half the price of McDs in golden sands varna mall is a nice walk round good food hall all air con and its a short walk from varna mall to the grand mall but it is some walk from varna mall to varna center taxi about 10 lev if you do take the bus the bus stop is not far from McDs in varna i think its a number 4 i dont do the bus i am on holiday but what ever you want in golden sands it will cost less in varna and the thing about a taxi is the driver will tell you what is what whear not to go ect

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Transport in Golden Sands

it has just come to me but i think that their was a free mini bus to varna mall at one time pick up in golden sands drop at the mall you would have to ask at your hotel about this

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Transport in Golden Sands

yes just looked up my old bag of holiday leaflets free shuttle from golden sands to the grand mall pick up from golden yavor 0900 1100 1500 1900 and the varna city tour bus was 23 lev for a 24 hour ticket running every 45 mins tickets on board or at some hotels i dont know if these are still running as i have not been this year yet

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Transport in Golden Sands

The free shutle bus is still running. The bus pick up the tourists In front of hotel Golden Yavor. That's because the owner of the hotel is the same owner of the Grand Mall shopping centre. The bus doesn't stop on other bus stations in Varna, it;s direct from Golden Sands straight to Grand Mall. The other option is by taxi. The price is about 20, 25 leva. The price of the bus is 3 leva per person. If you are a big family is better to take a taxi. There a many taxi cars 7+1 or 8+1 person.

Edited: 23 July 2014, 06:52
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public Transport in Golden Sands

so you could get the free shuttle bus to the grand mall walk over to varna mall then walk ( not recomended in the heat ) or taxi to city center then back to grand mall for shuttle bus back my self i would just take a taxi back to golden sands from city center what hotel are you staying at

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Public Transport in Golden Sands

I wouldn't advise getting the free bus.We got there a good half hour before was due,we were about second in the que at the time,when the bus came everybody just rushed towards the door and young children and older people were just pushed out of the way by mostly German and Russian people. It is a very dangerous experience,so be warned.

Cheshire, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Public Transport in Golden Sands

Many thanks for your replies and I'll take your advice on board Linda.

Another question... does anyone know if the pool in front of the Hotel Lilia is free or not? I can see that the Hotel Lilia has a pool itself but just in front of the beach I can see another pool with a slide in it! Who does it belong to?

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Public Transport in Golden Sands

no you pay but sometimes hotels have a deal with some of the paying pools I stay at the lillia and ofton walk through that pool / bar to get to the beach the sign said you pay so much for the slide and so much for the pool and of course you can just sit at the bar we just use the lillia pool and the sea if you want to pay their is a good water park at the back of the resort what hotel are you at

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Public Transport in Golden Sands

I have just recently stayed at the lilia and the pool you can see just infront more or less on the beach is more of an activity pool with different inflatables and slides for you to use however it does cost and also the sunbeds cost.

10. Re: Public Transport in Golden Sands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Golden Sands
Recent Conversations
More Golden Sands Topics