We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family hotel

West Lothian
Level Contributor
13 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Family hotel

Hi can anyone tell me which hotels in golden sands are suitable for family's??

With entertainment & maybe sides at pool & kids clubs. All inclusive preferably

Thanks

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family hotel

hi i would not recomend all in but if you do go all in somewhear like arabella bolero are the better all in hotels their is a water park at the rear of the resort we do travel with children but never use the kids clubs balkan run one but their is to many other things to do children tend not to want to go on thiings untill it gets cool in the evening if you pick a hotel at the front they tend to have smaller pools because you can walk across the road to the beach the ones at the back have better pools but also you have the cheaper hotels at the back whear the young people stay costs less more time out partying most hotels are good for familys the cost of eating out in golden sands is cheap that is why all in is not that good and the hotel food is not always the best

melia grand heritage is a good hotel not cheap if you want more beach then sentido golden star their are many good hotels not so many that do good food today i am off to the hotel lillia golden sands i have stayed in a number of hotels along the front

i picked them the first time i went by must have pool must be near the sea front must have air con must have safty deposit box thats how i picked the hotel

when i first went i would have a sea faceing room dont botter now because they turn into ovens in the day time

all pools have life guards but do not exspect them to watch the children the are not like life guards here they dont watch if you want beds and sunshades on the beach they cost alot per day

the problem you are going to get is arabella dose good food helios spa has a pool slide sentido golden star has good beach front bolero good pool you see all the hotels have something i only do B&B i go out every day for lunch and dinner try to use a diffrent place each time when i go to a place with a live band for dinner the children ofton get up and sing and dance with the band their is a fair jumping things normal beach things jet ski ect the thing about all in is you miss so much and you are tied to the hotel go for a day in varna it costs less to eat in varna than golden sands same for the kids club you are tied to being their at this time if you buy a McD in varna its half the price of a McD in golden sands

when are you planning on going and how old are the children

as i say think abot what you want what do you do if you can not eat the hotel food if you are going to choose the hotel by food look at the arabella or bolero

i am settig off today for two weeks in golden sands i haev been with fore children now one child and three grand children so i have been with small children to grown up children and have always found the hotels are fine for familys

West Lothian
Level Contributor
13 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family hotel

Hi thanks for that.

I'm thinking next year.

Daughter is 8

I was in sunny beach this year loved it but someone said golden sands is more for family's so thinking of booking up.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family hotel

Hotel Lilia is a fantastic hotel however although it does have a pool it doesn't have water slides or children's entertainment. It is in an ideal location opposite the beach where there are activities to do and also their is a pool across on the beach that does have water slides and and various inflatables however you do have to pay to go.

Barnet
Level Contributor
200 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family hotel

We would always recommend the Arabella.

There will be other kids to play with and the buffet restaurant has so much choice that even the most fussiest of eater wont complain.

Cheshire, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family hotel

We've just come back from Golden Sands, staying at the Hotel Lilia. Location wise it's a great hotel, but the staff leave a lot to be desired. Some are ok, others are downright rude. I'm a friendly type of person but did get irriated by the attitude of their staff. Not able to recommend any others sorry but can advise that we did not find it as cheap as Sunny Beach. We stayed AI at Golden Sands and BnB at Sunny Beach but somehow spent more in Golden Sands! It might be the fact that we spent more time out during the day and paid for sunbeds etc. There are also very few English people in Golden Sands. The resort itself is lovely with a beach that suited us. Be warned though that there is a bit of drop when walking into the sea and the waves can be quite powerful on 'yellow' and 'red' flag days. We did actually love that but might not be suitable for younger children. You don't get pestered in Golden Sands like you do in Sunny Beach either. It was a pleasant holiday but probably could have done with a hotel with entertainment. Good luck with your search.... :)

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family hotel

just got back today from golden sands bolero has a new water park

i was in sunny beach last august and golden sands this year was much cheaper stayed B&B as i always do so went out every day and spent less taxis much better also

children with us aged 2 to 8 found the sea fine yellow flag nothing like the south coast of england

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family hotel

golden sands is more for family but golden sands is not the same as sunny beach so if you like sunny beach you may not like golden sands you wont find signs outside bars saying english breckfast english tea beer ect the door people outside the bars will not be english their will not be english shows their are a lot less brits in golden sands than sunny beach

sunny beach is more like spain golden sands is more like bulgria any problems the answer to any problems you come across is this bulgria it is nothing like sunny beach

i stay at the lillia because its on the front pool beach back to pool back to beach never had any problems with the staff the pool life guard would place towles on the sun beds for me every day i never asked him to do that he just did it always got hello at brecfast all ways got a hello from the cleaner

but as i said the bolero has a new water park it is also a all in hoter not for me its to far from the beach and i spend most of the day out and about but the bolero has what you want so its worth a look

also i belive the bolero has entertainment that also dose not intrest me because i am out i come back to the hotel to sleep i have been to golden sands and not spoken to another english person for two weeks i much perfer golden sands to sunny beach the lillia suits me i mean i just could not sit in the hotel lobby drinking my all in beer in plasic cups all day and night at the lillia they say hello and leave me alone to do what i do

wales
Level Contributor
168 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family hotel

the arabella for e every time

9. Re: Family hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Golden Sands
Recent Conversations
More Golden Sands Topics