We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Mid Oct. question

9 posts
Save Topic
Another Mid Oct. question

Hello,

wanted also to ask if the Dolphinarium (dolphine shows) is still running during this time and also asking as for the safari?

Also I have a 6 years old boy, what ca i do for him there? any mega store for toys? or attractions for kids?

thanks

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Mid Oct. question

Yes it should still be running, but with less shows per day.

Staffs
Destination Expert
for Bulgaria, Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,599 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Mid Oct. question

Tuesday to Sunday 12 and 3-30 according to the website

www.dolphinarium.festa.bg

There are a number of shopping malls in Varna that cater for most shoppers. You will find a good one behind the bus station. I am sure they will have a toy store.

Check out www.virtualtourist.com Key Varna into the search box and you will find a comprehensive list of things to do in Varna.

Best,

Paul

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Mid Oct. question

up at the varna mall or grand mall their is a toy store compaird to england there is not much choice for toys there is a new play park in varna near the market area and there used to be a play park just to the left of the church also down towards the sea front if it is still open this time of year in the paved area you can get rides like childrens cars ect you can always take a walk in the park dont know if the noddy train will still be running it runs from the paved area up to the zoo the zoo is sad

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Mid Oct. question

The zoo is great. Yes it's not up to English standards, no doubt about that, but it's not English! and I for one have no wish to force English standards on the Bulgarians. If you have a problem with it the best thing to do is support it, pay the 40p it costs to get in, and whilst you are there donate a little extra towards the welfare of the animals.

That said, I must admit putting the deer directly opposite the lions and tigers is a little cruel :)

Their way of doing things makes for a great experience; try going to Woburn and being able to stroke a lion, tiger, or a wolf. Not that I'm recommending anyone do that of course, but for those as daft as me, you can :)

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another Mid Oct. question

its nothing to do with english standards its just wrong also bulgaria is part of thr EU and must meet EU standards this zoo is far from any standards i went not so long ago their were very few animalse no lions no bears no monkeys in fact not much at all their was a tiger with three legs paceing its cage the decay was every whear it would have been better to put the poor thing down at least he would be free

and if you think your 40p would make any diffrence think again lions are not here just for someone to touch thats not daft its something else a guy i went to school with was played with by a bengal tiger he belived you could trust a cat he changed his mind when he got out of hospatal

but if you want to see some very sad anamals then do so

i remember the days in bulgaria when you would see men walking around the towns with bears on leads and they would make them dance for you for money i like many others would not pay them we dont see them any more do we i have my standards and i keep to them its nothig to do with what happens in england or bulgaria its how i feel if its not right its not right

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another Mid Oct. question

Each to their own, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one - but I for one will mourn the day when you need to pay twenty to thirty quid to get into a Bulgarian zoo in order to just look at a rock way over in the distance with something lying down behind it that could possibly be a lion, or a tiger, or could just be a branch.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another Mid Oct. question

pay 20 quid and the lions and tigers are looked after

you could see once the zoo was looked after once it was most likely a nice place but the decay now is beond what is right it would take many millions to put right it need a lot of money

i dont want to look at a three leged tiger in a cell who is doing the same pace from being their to long

try longleat in wiltshire still nor right but better than a zoo

8. Re: Another Mid Oct. question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2015, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Golden Sands
Recent Conversations
More Golden Sands Topics